Search results

1. F

No Name chalice

Maybe a little, but as you can see, this one has gold throughout the chalice and a green rim.
  2. F

What do baseball and reefing have in common?

They're both a the Florida Marlin's MLB stadium. I'm heading to the store right now to buy a Marlin's hat, jersey, blanket, keychain, etc, etc.... MLB’s Miami Marlins completes aquarium installation, fish get front row seats
  3. F

No room for sump

I understand you don't have room for a sump, but have you considered any hang on the back skimmers? There are some pretty awesome HOB skimmers out there that will be WAY more efficient than a small amount of bio filtration.
  4. F

Live rock need strong light?

You may need to consider another light choice for the Nem. Nems are hard to keep long term without the proper light intensity. T5's or metal halides would definitely suffice. You can actually get a pretty cheap TEK T5 supply, depending on how large your tank is.
  5. F

No Name chalice

Hey guys/gals, I've had this chalice for a while, and as you can see it's a rather interesting piece. I am offering two eye frags for $175 shipped. These frags are nice and chunky. I'll post pics of the WYSIWYG frags soon, but until then here is a colony shot. I adjusted the color of...
  6. F

Please help me i'm at my whits end!!

I am by no means an expert but I'll tell you what I do with my 90g. I run phosphate reactor as well as ecobak. I skim heavily and do regular water changes(as I read you do also).I would expand my cleanup crew with more snails and crabs. Also, you mentioned that you have an 8 bulb fixture, do you...
  7. F

Caulerpa gone sexual

Same thing happened to me. Caulerpa went sexual and my reef looked like swamp water. Only thing that cleared it up was a UV sterilizer. Sorry to hear about the 6line.
  8. F

The Dark Hobby; Can We Stop the Devastating Impact of Home Aquaria on Reefs Worldwide

Re: The Dark Hobby; Can We Stop the Devastating Impact of Home Aquaria on Reefs World Honestly not worth our time.
  9. F

New to board and reefkeeping

Welcome, welcome, welcome. We love pictures! haha.
  10. F

The Dark Hobby; Can We Stop the Devastating Impact of Home Aquaria on Reefs Worldwide

Re: The Dark Hobby; Can We Stop the Devastating Impact of Home Aquaria on Reefs World ANY college freshman can tell you when you make a claim such as, "99% of aquarium fish die within a year" you HAVE to provide a reputable source to back that up. I agree. It was poorly written. I like how the...
  11. F

Just had to show off my new frogspawn

I have slowly fallen in love with frogspawn.
  12. F

How come soo much?

They don't cost as much 5 yrs later.
  13. F

My Light is too bright, opinions welcome...

+1. Going from pc's to an 8 bulb t5 is pretty drastic. Just like everything else, you must acclimate the tank to the new light source.
  14. F

Aptasia ??

I don't see any either..but if you want some I can hook you up.
  15. F

New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

That's a cool dog! I haven't seen many bull terriers. I have a english bulldog/basset hound mix and he has problems swimming due to his build. Enjoy that pup!
  16. F

Falling Snails

Just to tag along with snails falling, wth do they always fall upside down? Are they top heavy? Whatever the reason, it sucks.
  17. F

horseshoe crabs

When I got my 55g it was a fowlr and apparently a horse shoe crab. I have had the HSC for almost a year and hate it. I have tried to get rid of him on many occasions, but for some reason my wife decided to claim it and calls it "hers".
  18. F

Peppermint Shrimp - Aiptasia

I added a fairly large peppermint shrimp to my tank once, then I remembered I have an arc eye hawk fish. The little guy escaped the arc eye, but he never comes out of the rock work. And the ape's still run wild.
  19. F

unconventional refugium question

@DaveK: Some good advice.