Search results

1. rgslady

House fire....what to do with my well established RSM250 that has to be moved???

No...fire was caused by ceiling exhaust fan/light combo, which apparently had been burning up in the attic unnoticed, until it melted the plastic light cover, which in turn, caught the rug on fire. This is what set off the smoke alarm. Wondering if there are professional services out there that...
  2. rgslady

House fire....what to do with my well established RSM250 that has to be moved???

Got all kinds of buckets and equipment. Just really trying to avoid recycling the tank. I don't want to start over what took me so long to establish. I am hoping to try pulling out about 30 gal of the water to be able to physically move the thing.
  3. rgslady

Hi everyone, sorry for my long time absence. But I now have a real dilemma about having to relocate my rsm 250 so my floors can be repaired. I was the unfortunate victim of a house fire back on June 3rd. Most of the damage is in the bathroom where it started, but my hardwoods suffered water...
  4. rgslady

Have the feathered, furred, and soon the fish...Christine's New RSM 250

Tanks updated pics... The 14 biocube The 28 g pony tank And the RSM 250 Had a big disaster and horrible heartbreak on the original pony tank where I lost everything. Started over and things couldn't be better. I really believe my algae problem originated in the kind of live rock I...
  5. rgslady

Sorry for my long absence...and now here at work so right now I can't post any new pics. For the most part, things are going well. My RS 250 still my pride and joy. The 14 g biocube also doing great. Then there's the 29g pony tank. Ponies and pipefish are doing awesome. I also have...
  6. rgslady

Trials and tribulations....a year of reflection....

Although I have only been at the hobby for a year...I thought it useful to share what I have learned along the way, and that maybe I can be of help to others just starting out. So here are some of my lessons learned.. 1. Equipment...you pretty much get what you pay for. If your serious at...
  7. rgslady

Thanks, Tom. Actually, ordered the PE mysis from DFS. I did get the supplement from seahorse.com. I actually bought a package where I got the two horses, 2 pipefish, 25 live shrimp and Vibrance supplement. No one else sells the Vibrance, but the PE mysis is readily available online and if...
  8. rgslady

Thanks Leigh and Jimmy.. Leigh, not all that different from a reef system. Everything you could possibly want to know about seahorses can be found on seahorse.com. Incredible site. This is actually where I got the ponies from. Support system like I've never seen before. Would go nowhere...
  9. rgslady

Oh yea...he basically NEVER shuts up...but he is amusing. And keeps himself quite entertained!
  10. rgslady

I had a white capped Pionus named Max for years. Lost him three years ago...then came Phoenix!
  11. rgslady

That is Phoenix, my African Grey....he really is cool...quite the vocabulary range! I think one of the pipefish show in the video. You can always hear Phoenix in my videos..LOL. And no, I haven't started a separate thread on the Pony tank. To be honest, kinda forgot how....
  12. rgslady

Thanks...was really nervous as they came from Hawaii, took2 weeks to ship, 48 hours to get here, and lots of bad weather. But they were none worse for the wear...very active.
  13. rgslady

Yep...they really are cool...and a couple of banded pipefish came with them. Not sure if this video is gonna work...my first time trying a video here... Sorry my hands aren't steadier....
  14. rgslady

Ponies Have Arrived!! I call them Sundance and Cassie :)
  15. rgslady

Just stoppin in to say hello. Still workin on pony tank set up. Never had a tank cycle so fast yet grow so much algae. Tried a different type of live rock this time...totoka. From what I understand, the place I ordered this from claims to ship this in daily so as fresh as possible. Not sure...
  16. rgslady

Still Can't Detect Nitrates or Phospates after 6 months

Just reflecting on my own experience. I rarely get any nitrate reads with the API kits. Salifert testing shows completely different results, which I believe are closer to the real results. Just my two cents...
  17. rgslady

January '11 POTM Contest

Every tank needs a little sunshine :)
  18. Sunny

Sunny

19. rgslady

Thanks all. I have been doing a ton of reading on them. Like everything else in this hobby, a million different points of view. But seahorse.com seems to be a really good site which is where I will get them from, eventually. Don't see that happenening for at least 3-4 months. Want to bring...
  20. Ric and friends

Ric and friends