Have the feathered, furred, and soon the fish...Christine's New RSM 250

rgslady

"Rosie" arrived today. Waiting for her to settle, but she is beautiful!! A gift from my daughter..:)

2010-11-09113219.jpg

rgslady

Stopping in to say hello to all. Hope you are all well and had a nice Thanksgiving. I had to work nite before and nite of, so my husband and I just went out for dinner.

By the way, don't think anyone ever mentioned just how addicting this fish thing could be... so my Christmas gift to me?? Another tank...JBJ 28g! This one will be species dedicated to seahorses...how cool is that?!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Seahorses, that sounds so cool. My daughter has a fascination for them. I bet you can't wait for Christmas then :).

rgslady

Thanks all. I have been doing a ton of reading on them. Like everything else in this hobby, a million different points of view. But seahorse.com seems to be a really good site which is where I will get them from, eventually. Don't see that happenening for at least 3-4 months. Want to bring them home to best posible conditions I can, for they are not cheap. I just couldn't resist the deal DFS had on the 28g nano with the stand included!

rgslady

Just stoppin in to say hello. Still workin on pony tank set up. Never had a tank cycle so fast yet grow so much algae. Tried a different type of live rock this time...totoka. From what I understand, the place I ordered this from claims to ship this in daily so as fresh as possible. Not sure if that's the cause of the algae so, got my snails and hermits at work. Still looking at probably 6-8 weeks before getting the seahorses and companion pipefish.

Other two tanks going good. Right now at work so can't upload any updated shots.

Been posting arbitrary pics and videos on facebook. Can you do videos through photobucket on this site?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Christine - thanks for stopping in - look forward to the pics of the new tank with ponies - yes you can add vids here Kyle just added some great ones... in his thread yesterday.