Have the feathered, furred, and soon the fish...Christine's New RSM 250

clka

Keep in touch Christine, I think seahorses are so beautiful. Our LFS has a gorgeous tank with one and its mesmerizing to watch him.

Cheryl

rgslady

Ponies Have Arrived!! I call them Sundance and Cassie :)

2011-02-02143025.jpg

2011-02-02143141.jpg

rgslady

Yep...they really are cool...and a couple of banded pipefish came with them.

Not sure if this video is gonna work...my first time trying a video here...

Sorry my hands aren't steadier....

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Banded Pipefish in there too? What's the bird(s) in the background? Wish my Hahn's Macaw sounded that sweet!

Do you have a tank thread on the horse tank?

rgslady

Thanks...was really nervous as they came from Hawaii, took2 weeks to ship, 48 hours to get here, and lots of bad weather. But they were none worse for the wear...very active.

rgslady

That is Phoenix, my African Grey....he really is cool...quite the vocabulary range! I think one of the pipefish show in the video. You can always hear Phoenix in my videos..LOL. And no, I haven't started a separate thread on the Pony tank. To be honest, kinda forgot how....

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hah - you can always hear Max, my Macaw, in my videos!

You were lucky the shipment didn't get held up for days with all of the bad weather!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Lovely seahorses Christine and the bird is cool too. It would be great if you could start a thread on this setup as it could be an option for my daughter who is keen to get started on a salty. Are there any special requirements for a horse tank?

rgslady

Thanks Leigh and Jimmy..

Leigh, not all that different from a reef system. Everything you could possibly want to know about seahorses can be found on seahorse.com. Incredible site. This is actually where I got the ponies from. Support system like I've never seen before. Would go nowhere else!!

Might try this weekend to start a thread on this tank.

tnwillia

Beautiful tank Christine! Are you getting live food from Seahorse.com, I saw what they had but have nor ordered from them yet?

rgslady

Thanks, Tom. Actually, ordered the PE mysis from DFS. I did get the supplement from seahorse.com. I actually bought a package where I got the two horses, 2 pipefish, 25 live shrimp and Vibrance supplement. No one else sells the Vibrance, but the PE mysis is readily available online and if you search the PE mysis site, you can find LFS places that sell it, also.

kyley

Hey Christine, I love the seahorses! Would like to see your Pipefish too!

Terry, I didn't realize you have a Macaw - awesome parrot! Christine, I've always wanted an African Grey - but have given up on that one - the tank takes enough of my time as it is! :) Take care,
--Kyle