Search results

1. imaccat

OT - RSMers Planes, Trains or Automobiles

A few of us thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for people to show off their wheels or wings! I'll start the ball rolling with my current car, my Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.4 V6 In the past I've owned; Saab 93 Convertible Landrover Freelander (x2, 1 still sitting on the...
  2. imaccat

A cause of HLLE identified

A very important link between HLLE and carbon identified. Activated Carbon: HLLE Smoking Gun Found | Coral Magazine
  3. imaccat

Keeping supplements mixed??

I posted this in the General Aquarium forum, but didn't get much response so thought I would try here I have a dosing pump set up to supply Seachem Reef Fusion 1 & 2, however the Alk solution (Fusion 2) needs mixing prior to dosing. I've had it up and running for a couple of months and found...
  4. imaccat

How to keep supplements stirred???

Hi, I have a dosing pump set up to supply Seachem Reef Fusion 1 & 2, however the Alk solution (Fusion 2) needs mixing prior to dosing. I've had it up and running for a couple of months and found that there is a lot of sediment in the Alk solution. A small pump seems to be overkill (but...
  5. imaccat

Multi-timer for iPhone/ipad

I've just found an app for the iPhone that enables you to set a timer for more than one thing at a time. I use it for timing when I'm testing the water for nitrate, ammonia etc and it means I can have more than one test going at a time. The app is actually designed as a kitchen timer, but it...
  6. imaccat

Dorsal Fin lumps on tomini tang

Hi I've had my Tomini tang in my QT tank for 7 weeks now and 4/5 days ago I noticed 2 small round lumps on the dorsal fin. It doesnt appear to be ich as they aren't white (they are the same colour as the fin) and they are visible from both sides, which make me think they are under the skin...
  7. imaccat

Can anybody ID this coral please

Hi all, I was in my LFS today and saw a coupe of pieces of this coral, but they couldn't tell me anything about them as they couldn't ID them as their 'expert' wasn't in today, so if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  8. imaccat

Feeding while away from home

Hi, Next week I have to go away for 3 days and I am struggling to work out how I can feed my fish while I am away without calling in the neighbours. For my QT I have an auto feeder on a timer, but for the RSM I can't find one that would work because of the closed top. How does anybody...
  9. imaccat

Have aliens landed in my tank?

:alien: I've heard of crop circles, but never sand circles. I found this pattern in the sand in my tank this morning, I have no idea what caused it. Anybody any ideas what caused it?
  10. imaccat

Additional substrate

Hi, Well I given it about 6 weeks and I am still getting a fine covering of sand on the lowest LR, it seems to get kicked up sporadically and deposit itself onto those rocks. I thought the sand might settle down, bind together a bit, I've tried adjusting the directions of the pumps, the speed...
  11. imaccat

Long hair creature!

A while ago in my FOWLR I used to see a long 'hair' , 2-3 inches, protruding from my LR. It would waft around in the current for a while and then disappear very quickly. It's gone now, my fish used to love trying to eat it so I assume one of them was quick enough to get it, but I always wondered...
  12. imaccat

Firefish (Nemateleotris Decora)

Hi, I want to add 2 Purple Firefish (Nemateleotris Decora) to my tank, but have been advised by my LFS that they must be paired otherwise one will/could kill the other, they have 2 but they aren't paired. They say the Red Firefish (Nemateleotris Magnifica) don't need to be paired and are ok...
  13. imaccat

Has my stock skimmer failed already??

I have only had my tank set up for a week, and initially I had the skimmer on, but was advised that it wasnt required and I wouldn't be able to adjust it properly without any bio-load. On Tuesday I put in 20kg of live rock and yesterday (Thursday) I turned the skimmer on. With the air value wide...
  14. imaccat

Loading photos from Flickr

I currently use Flickr to publish my photographs and I would like to use that to load photos into RS threads, does anybody know if you can do it? I can load the url of the photo into a thread, but can't get it to show the image. I know you can use photo-bucket, but as I already have all...
  15. imaccat

Tank position advice needed - sunlight

Hi, I have just joined Reef Sanctuary so hello everybody. I am about to purchase a RSM 250 and I am in need of some advice regarding the position of it. The best place for viewing it is in my conservatory. I know it shouldn't be put in direct sunlight, the roof of the conservatory is...
  16. imaccat

imaccat's RSM 250

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself in this forum as I am about to place my order for a new RSM 250 max! :hallo: I currently have a 30 gallon FOWLR tank, with only 3 fish at the moment, a Maroon Clown, Hawaiian Damsel and a Green Chromis. The Damsel is a bit of a bully and I...