How to keep supplements stirred???

imaccat

Hi,

I have a dosing pump set up to supply Seachem Reef Fusion 1 & 2, however the Alk solution (Fusion 2) needs mixing prior to dosing. I've had it up and running for a couple of months and found that there is a lot of sediment in the Alk solution.

A small pump seems to be overkill (but may be the simplest solution) and I dont think an airstone will do enough to move the solution around.

Anybody have any ideas on how to keep it mixed?

Thanks

carlo

couple of weeks ago I finally wanted to instal my alk. to the doser. To my surprise, I found a 1" thick solid block of alk. at the bottom of the container. It usually happens when it hasn't been used for a long time and temperatures might be a little colder than ideal.

If you can, place the container close to a heater, and for the next few days, shake the heck out of the container. The extra heat should liquify any solids, so you won't have to manually stir it each time you dose.

Another thing you can do is place the alk. in a bag, and place the bag in hot water, to speed up the heating process.

After shaking the heck out of it and leaving it near a heater for a few days, the alk. has completely turned to liquid.

Good luck.

imaccat

Thanks Carlo, thats exactly what happened to me a solid block at the bottom of the container. Although I'm not sure if it is heat related as it is in the cabinet under the tank in the lounge, which is pretty warm most of the time - so warm that the chiller comes on even though its winter here.