Search results

1. I

Bubble Algae

interesting finds! I was actually considering the fact that if I am able to find the cause of the bubble algae, neutralize it and then just let it slowly disappear that may be the best fix. But at the same time I still am receiving a lot of information on creatures and animals that may eat it...
  2. I

Bubble Algae

Well I may give the emerald crab a try..I am hearing from alot of people on here that they don't bother the coral. I am curious to know should I feed them something? if so what?
  3. I

Bubble Algae

Rjones I do not know a whole lot on this subject, but I have to say at this point it seems like you should probably just cut your loses and go with daveK's plan. shutting it down like Dave said would be a great chance to re-design the entire filtration system and get a good clean start. I...
  4. I

Bubble Algae

Well I seemed to have solved the cyano by reducing feeding to every other day and reducing the lighting a little and I cover the tank with heavy black fabric so that absolutely no extra light can get in the tank at night and early morning. I am pretty sure the reduced feeding is what really...
  5. I

Bubble Algae

Very interesting answers from everyone thank you. A few things I have done recently which has stopped the cyano are I now feed the fish every other day and I now cover the tank with heavy black fabric when the tank is dark which lets no extra light in. I Have been doing regular 25% water changes...
  6. I

Bubble Algae

Well I am really not able to pull the rocks out, because of the corals growing on all the rocks. Thank you for the idea though. I heard though that the emerald crabs will eat my coral, is this true?
  7. I

Bubble Algae

I have over the past few months had a problem with some different type of algae. I had a cyano problem that was driving me mad, I think I have spearheaded that issue I hope... Now though is the Bubble Algae, it is the type that grows in small clusters. I forget the scientific name of the...
  8. I

Dang! Fish jumping!

Well I just read that stray voltage is what can cause fish to jump out of the tank. So I was just following up on that reply. As far as the top i would have done the screen but after much consideration I decided that since my tank is not drilled doing the cut out pieces for the screen would...
  9. I

Dang! Fish jumping!

Thanks Guys. I checked with a volt meter. There is a very small amount of voltage but its tiny. I still will be purchasing a ground probe just to be safe.
  10. I

Dang! Fish jumping!

So I bought a really nice healthy Diamond goby and after one night he did a great job on the sand. But decided to jump out of the tank, oddly enough this is the second time this has happened in a row. Not having much luck so far with the gobies because they keep killing themselves! I need to...
  11. I

ID Starfish

Thanks guys!
  12. I

ID Starfish

13. I

ID Starfish

14. I

bubble algae

Thought there was a treatment if you dig in these forums a little you might find out. I stumbled across something about it already..
  15. I

overflow box & sump

I don't know to much about all of this but is it possible that the overflow box is not large enough or the siphon tube needs to be larger. I believe its all about getting the right balance with the pump and overflow box.
  16. I

Not sure!

Hey So I broke a plastic tube on my protein skimmer and without even looking to see if it was aquarium safe I glued it together with gorilla glue, super glue. So the question, is this gorilla glue safe to put in the tank?
  17. I

Sump phase one design.

yeah that's not a bad idea ill look around.
  18. I

Sump phase one design.

Cheapest I can locally find is $150 for a 4x 8 sheet of 1/4" acrylic Plexiglas.
  19. I

Sump phase one design.

HAHA yeah its one of those new hybrid things you know. thats why mine is better then everyone else's . I can't even pronounce refugium lol.
  20. I

Sump phase one design.

also i need recommendations for a decent skimmer that wont require constant tweaking. 65 gallon tank may expand one day.