Dang! Fish jumping!

Izzy

So I bought a really nice healthy Diamond goby and after one night he did a great job on the sand. But decided to jump out of the tank, oddly enough this is the second time this has happened in a row. Not having much luck so far with the gobies because they keep killing themselves! I need to have something to cover my reef tank. Any ideas??? The metal halide lights are within 5" of the top so it needs to be able to withstand heat? Metal Screen?

cindyp

here is what we did. our Mh are 3 inches from this screen and it doesn't melt.search tank tops and look for acroholics post he sells the screen.
005-16.jpg

1Reefer

Great product as well! I finished the top for my 72 bow not to long ago.... fast shipping an great communication from the seller!

Izzy

Thanks Guys. I checked with a volt meter. There is a very small amount of voltage but its tiny. I still will be purchasing a ground probe just to be safe.

GlassMunky

Thanks Guys. I checked with a volt meter. There is a very small amount of voltage but its tiny. I still will be purchasing a ground probe just to be safe.

I'm confused, whats this talk of "stray voltage"? and whats it got to do with the tops? (I hope that didnt sound condecending)

Izzy

Well I just read that stray voltage is what can cause fish to jump out of the tank. So I was just following up on that reply. As far as the top i would have done the screen but after much consideration I decided that since my tank is not drilled doing the cut out pieces for the screen would suck! So I went with the plastic egg crate and raised my light up. Hopefully this will help discourage fish!

GlassMunky

Well I just read that stray voltage is what can cause fish to jump out of the tank. So I was just following up on that reply.

ok, I get you know. I dont think thats the case with my firefish, he normally only jumps when stressed (like when i first put him in, and when my damsel screws with him (devil with fins))

fellers

ok, I get you know. I dont think thats the case with my firefish, he normally only jumps when stressed (like when i first put him in, and when my damsel screws with him (devil with fins))

LOL, Devil with fins. That is to funny. Those damn little damsels are definately evil. I got rid of the 2 I had as they werer extremely disruptive to every and any tank creature I had. Never seen damsels so mean??
I have yet to see my goby jump in my tank. He was jumping like crazy when I was drip acclimating him in a styrofoam small cooler. I had to put the top on it and I could here him smacking into it. lol very cool fish. My is fat, happy, and healthy.