Search results

1. Mcvivor

moving tanks, help :-D

I'm done! No deaths and they are all eating ugh! Lol thanks for the help everyone
  2. Mcvivor

Im taking a break now.... im soaked and my back hurts already hahaha!... time to get back to work!
  3. Mcvivor

I will be moving 50-60 gallons of water from the 180 into the 120 and using a lot of its live rock, plus my live rock I have in the 120 currently.....
  4. Mcvivor

So move all of the fish from the 180 into the 120?
  5. Mcvivor

The only corals I have are just some mushrooms, and the anenome. I will be moving the anemome from MH lighting to T5HO light, I hope that is not a problem. So you guys think if I get rid of the smaller fish I can keep the larger ones in the 120? I have had all these fish for about 5 years it is...
  6. Mcvivor

Hello all! I have a problem, I currently have 2 fish 2 one at my moms house and the other here at my place. I have a 180 gallon at my moms and a 120 here at my place. Both are saltwater tanks. My 180 needs to be torn down, it is old and the acrlyic is starting to expand and there are many...
  7. Mcvivor

Just set up tank, cloudy water...HELP

Thanks it is starting to clear up a little ;-D
  8. Mcvivor

Just set up tank, cloudy water...HELP

Hello all, I am setting up a new 120 gallon saltwater/reef tank. I just added the water, sand, and salt yesterday but it seems that the water is VERY CLOUDY. Is this normal? I have a 220 gallon at my parents house that I started about 4 years ago and I dont remember that tank being as...
  9. Mcvivor

Fish Names

Yellow Tang - Virgina Fox Face - Roxy Blue Hippo - Dory (how original, lil sister named her) Tomini Tang - Matilda Naso Tang - LaQruisha (don't ask lol) 2 percs - Nemo & Marla Strawberry Dotty - Susie Scooter Blenny - Scootie 6 Line - Watermellon I think that is all of them lol:dance:
  10. Mcvivor

Advice would be nice

What are your questions? It is best sometimes to do research on corals on different webpages. If you have a specific ? we would be glad to help you! Welcome!!
  11. Mcvivor

selling off my 300 gallon sps! looots for sale

I want the tank haha
  12. Mcvivor

gonna start a seahorse tank need advice

A HOB filter would work fine. Horses like dim lights. I just started horses too. I made a huge mistake that I hope you do not make. DO NOT BUY wild ones. Mine will not eat I have tried everything. I think they are doomed!!
  13. Mcvivor

Eric's 300 Gallon Build

Did you check your e-mail? You have to go to your e-mail account and activate the post.
  14. Mcvivor

Green star Polyps on Glass

I just put mine close to it, and in a few weeks it took hold and started growing on the glass.
  15. Mcvivor

Eric's 300 Gallon Build

I got mine on CL as well, it seems to be getting more difficult to find a larger one
  16. Mcvivor

Eric's 300 Gallon Build

loooks great I am jelly, I have a 220 and want to go bigger!!!
  17. Mcvivor

Grocery Store Clam as Food??

Update.... So I washed the clam, and let it soak in my tank water for a while in the sump. I cracked it open and choped up the meat. I put in the the tank and WOW.....they went nuts!!! My anthias especially. I even saw some creatures I havent seen in a long time (the serpant stars, and reef...
  18. Mcvivor

Grocery Store Clam as Food??

Hello all, I went shopping today and walked by the seafood section. I bought 1 clam for food for my fish. After doing so, I have no idea how to feed this to them? Has anyone ever done so? It was on ice when I bought it and it is all closed up?
  19. Mcvivor

Anyone need something custom built?

Can you build me a 400 gallon tank :-)
  20. Mcvivor

Cleaner Shrimp Ick?

No they can not get ich. And no they can not get rid of ich. THEY CAN however, help eat the dead skin-scales around wounds in which will help relieve some discomfort for the fish. :-D