Eric's 300 Gallon Build

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I found a tag and this is a tenecor tank, I wasn't sure of the manufacture till now.

WayneT

Tenecor builds a great tank, I have a 150 they built for me and I love it! Good luck with your new venture!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks Wayne! Here's a few new pics.

I didn't bother trying to get the dried coraline of the back panel, I need to get some kind of a scraper and do it when I have more time.

I have laid out my returns for the closed loop and the returns from sump, I wish I had a pc so I could use google sketch up. Anyways some progress made.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTMtMjAxMDA0MTgtMTU1M.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTQtMjAxMDA0MTgtMTU1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTUtMjAxMDA0MTgtMTYwO.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Don't be jelly :) just go bigger :)

I kinda went all out on this one but I got a really good deal on CL, it would have cost me the same money to replace my 65hex with an acrylic 95 gallon hex. So the choice was simple :)

I never had plans on a tank this big, it just sort of happened.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
There's a few around, I hate posting on CL my ads never post just go no where. Pisses me off cause I have a lot of stuff to sell right now :) and I need to so I can finish this tank.

I posted 5 ads last evening and they all show active but none of them ever showed up.

Sorry for the rant :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I have an account the emails come and they say confirmation for posting ######## I can follow the link and see the add but it never shows up on the board.

Who knows, probably caught in a spam filter in cyberspace.

rgfast

you know I was just looking at the pics. and a funny thing dawned on me,you thought it was killing you all week to go get the tank wait till you go to fill it with ro/di 209 took me three days an finaly went to store an bought 40gls my 5 stage is a100 gl day

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I can wait now that it's in my possession :) plus I'm getting 150gpd with pressure pump :)

Now that I have it, there's no rush but good point.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I don't have it yet. I'm thinking the Typhoon III from air water ice, it needs a 75psi pressure and my faucets are there.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I have been outside spraying off and soaking the rock that came with the 300 gallon, it's amazing how many spiders came out of this stuff. :)

Anyways I'll snag a few pics later, this was definitely a score, every piece is a nice shapes and sizes, no boulders :)

vdf8ball

Good Lord Eric, that thing IS big!! I too will be anxiously watching and learning from your build. I have an empty 125g acrylic that I'm building up. Have fun ;-)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks!

Updates: I just ordered my Reeflo Hammerhead for my closed loop.

I got two more pendants to match the ones I currently own, I am still only running 3 MH as planned but I got a spare in case.

I also ordered the stuff I needed to buff the aquarium so things are coming together. :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Here's a list of equipment I either have or have on the way.

Return Pump: Reeflo Barracuda 4300gph

Closed Loop pump: Reeflo Hammerhead 5800gph with oceans motions 4way

Light: 4x PFO MH pendants 2x400w 2x175w

Skimmer: Euro Reef Rc 250 with mag pump.

Heater: 800w heater with digital controller.

Live Rock: 300lbs +

Well that's all the major compoenents, I still need a few things such as Rodi unit but that'll come in time.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Eric do you already have the 175w MHs?

Are you going to run any type of "Controller" on this unit other than "Heater"?