Search results

1. H

Location help

Hiya, Id say it depends on how noise sensitive you are...I personally wouldnt, if I did I would run it with the skimmer and fans (and vortech/chiller if you plan on getting one) off when sleeping. I just turned them of on my tank and there is virtually no sound. Also I know on hot days...
  2. H

KLR's RSM 250

Thos chalices look stunning KLR, im jealous! We dont see that sort of stuff in Australia forsome reson :mad:
  3. H

Tim's new RSM 250

Long time no update, been crazy busy at work so havnt had much time to add stuff to the tank. Which has actually been good cos some rly nice macros have grown and the pod population is out of control. The sand bed got really dirty there for a while, picked up a few strombus snails and these...
  4. H

KLR's RSM 250

Sounds like you picked up some really nice pieces there :D Post some pics when you put them in please. One word of advice, nothing good happens fast with reef tanks. Add the corals then leave it for a couple of weeks. The tank is still very young and needs time to mature. Cheers
  5. H

New Tunze 9002 Skimmer coming.

Just run it in the tank, will take 1 or 2 days to break in. Some people run it in a bucket with a vinegar solution but not really neccesary IMO. Cheers
  6. H

How hot does your RSM 250 get with sicce pump

Ive had the sicce pump for 3 weeks now and no chiller. I measure temp every afternoon and havnt seen higher than 26.5-27. Generally sits on 26. I do however always have the front flap open and the fans running. Noticed when I first got the sicce pump that it was making a bit of a humming...
  7. H

Total Newbie - Is the RSM 250 all i need???

:welcomera Where do you live? If your in a hot climate you might need a chiller. Im in Australia, were at the end of a hot-ish summer and I have gotten away without one but my house stays cool during the day. You dont have to buy powerheads for more circulation but most people end up...
  8. H

Power outage

Hey Leigh, I wouldnt stress. Saturdays going to to be 25C. Bendigo may be a bit warmer. Considering none of the red sea pumps will be running dontworry about temp. Id use the chiller to slowly drop the tank temp to 23-24C before the power drops out. Goto your LFS and get a battery powered...
  9. H

Lethals RSM 250

Happy birthday mate. Ernie gets most of is fish/coral in on Thursday nights. So I would visit Friday or as early as possible on a Saturday. If you give him your email eddress he emails you everythign he gets in. I just got this a few hours ago: Gday all, just finished unpacking heaps of...
  10. H

Lethals RSM 250

Gday Leigh, Your rigth Regal tangs are almost guaranteed to introduce ich to the tank. Yellow tangs are a better choice imo. Have you looked at sailfin tangs? http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/sailfin_tang_pic.jpg The sixline will most likley make an expensive meal of...
  11. H

Chir3q's drop of ocean

Very nice tank and stunning pictures...Especially pic 3.
  12. H

My Potters Anglefish Swimming around the Vortech

Oh and do you have any problems with him nipping at your corals?
  13. H

My Potters Anglefish Swimming around the Vortech

WOW, thats an awesome video. What a pretty little character.
  14. H

Chris's Aussie RSM 130

Gday Chris, Looking good! Where in Aus are you from? Re. the nitrates, more flow would probably help, when your feeding uneaten food is probably getting stuck in your rockwork. More flow would keep it suspended. Cheers Tim
  15. H

Tim's new RSM 250

Fed the tank about 30 minutes ago. Found out why theyre called clownfish. Shes been carrying this bit of food for about 20 minutes and hes trying to steal it off her haha. Sorry about the crappy picture. Eyes bigger than stomach.
  16. H

Skimmer pump not working

Hey Leigh, Hope you had a nice NYE. I dont think I have the new pump. Asked Dave@reeflections if he could ask pet pacific about it when he speaks to them. Ive tried everything and the pump appears to be completley shagged. heres a pic of the label. Hopefully I have the...
  17. H

Skimmer pump not working

Thanks for the replies guys, spoke to my lfs and they think they will be able to have a new pump to me by Friday.
  18. H

Skimmer pump not working

Thanks Glenn, tried it and the dam thing still wont work. Il leave it til morning and hopefully it will work. Thanks for the quick replies guys and if any1 has any sugestions please chime in.
  19. H

Skimmer pump not working

Nope, the damn thing still wont pump water. Any more ideas?
  20. H

Skimmer pump not working

sweet, il try that right now and let ya know how it goes. thanks man