Location help

Shannibanani

We are getting ready to purchase a silver RSM250....I think

Call us crazy but we are thinking of putting it in our bedroom....I am concerned about the noise level.

Comments? Suggestions?

Are we nuts?

hallie

Hiya,

Id say it depends on how noise sensitive you are...I personally wouldnt, if I did I would run it with the skimmer and fans (and vortech/chiller if you plan on getting one) off when sleeping.

I just turned them of on my tank and there is virtually no sound.

Also I know on hot days the tank can make the house quite humid, might not be nice in a small room.

On the other hand it would be nice been able to lie in bed and look at the tank.

Cheers

Nowellsy SNR

Id say it will be way to noisy for your bedroom

Yes your nuts lol only kiddin its your tank totally upto your where you put it

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The stock RSM tanks (130 and 250) are pretty noisy, but as mentioned above if you turn the 250 skimmer off at night the noise level should drop dramatically.

Bobi1956

I have a sump under my 250 and my wife loves to take naps on the couch so she can hear the trickle of the water going from tank into sump - seems to hide all the other RSM noises - now she wants a 130D in the bedroom LOL

TonyV

Our tank is a big conversation piece when we entertain guest. If you want people hanging out in your bedroom then go for it. You'll be amazed how much interest it attracts when you have friends, guests, kids over the house. I'd put it somewhere where it becomes the main focus of the room. It will be much more enjoyable. Ours is in the family room/bonus room with the nice big fancy TV and surround system, yet I find myself sometimes watching my tank instead of the screen. The Discovery Channel HD has nothing on my tank. :)

+1 to the noise reasons stated above.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 TonyV post !!!

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif