How hot does your RSM 250 get with sicce pump

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
For those of you that have RSM 250's with the new sicce pumps and don't run chillers, how hot does your RSM 250 get ?

In the market to buy one & your feedback would be much appericated. :fishy:

mitcheva

My chiller works pretty hard at the moment keeping my 250 between 26-27 degC. Always at the higher end of the temp 26.5+

So I can only imagine that it would get a lot higher than 27 degC. It reaches this temp very easily so I would estimate an additional two degress on top as a minimum

Glenn,

One of my wheels was bad on my ER skimmer and used the sicce pump for around two weeks. It was a big improvement from the Hydor. It didn't do that Hydor stutter when turned back on after feeding so alot more confidence in reliability. The heat was less also. Not as cool as the ER but it closed the gap for sure. The pump has 20w on the label as the hydor had 50w i think. That would explain that. The problem with it is the noise. all impeller vibration. All I will say is I was told to get rid of the noise or the tank. Thats how bad it was. I only had one pump, thats the one RS sent me and all this based on that pump.

I would think u would have a shot at keeping it stock. just have no idea how u will deal with the noise of 3 sicce pumps.

IMHO, Go see one running before buying.

Good luck,

-JOHN

hallie

Ive had the sicce pump for 3 weeks now and no chiller. I measure temp every afternoon and havnt seen higher than 26.5-27. Generally sits on 26. I do however always have the front flap open and the fans running.

Noticed when I first got the sicce pump that it was making a bit of a humming sound but seems to of quietened down, either that or am just used to the noise.

Cheers

reeferman

hey Glenn,you know i run a chiller,but i have seen a noticeable difference on how often and how long it runs with all new sicce pumps[circ and skimmer].i keep mine at 76-77
Reggie

tvreaves

Glenn, I can't say the temps dropped because I never did have a working Hydor pump. So, I had been running it without a skimmer. I can tell you that I haven't seen a significant increase in temp. now that I have a working skimmer with the Sicce pump. Also, I keep my house temp. at 76.

sleydsman

Mine runs between 78 and 80 with the accessory fans on at all times I only turn the fans off during the night. Room temp has been between 70 and 72. Im getting ready to install a 1/10 hp jbj arctica chiller cause I dont know what hot summer days are going to be like, usually keep room temp at 77,78. I had to remove the rsm heater as its calibration was way off about 7-8 degrees. I have no heater in place right now and tank doesnt drop below 77 during the night.

FCatCH76

I just replaced both my circ pumps on the 250 with a Tunze and a Rio 1100. I have the new sicce pump for the skimmer. With an ambient room temp of 70-72, the fans have to stay on 24/7. So, I don't think it was always the rsm pumps, it does have alittle to do with the skimmer pump but not much.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
FCatCH76 -thanks for the reply !

I plan to running the fans 7 x 24 and keep the room at 72-73 and see if the tank can run at less than 83 F.

If this can't be done now... will just wait for the release of the new 250D model
045.gif