Tim's new RSM 250

hallie

Thanks guys,

Was worried that the duncan may get too much flow from the vortech but it seems to be loving it. Not a bad buy for $35.

The clowns just hung in one corner for the first couple of days. Now they swim over to the vortech side, jump in front of the vortech and flyyyy across to the other side then rinse and repeat...great too watch.

hallie

Haha yeah Ive heard that, Thing is it all evens out. Cant you guys get Cleaner shrimp for like $15-20? They cost us $120 over here....

Hmmm. gotta get me a breeding pair of cleaners and im set.;)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
$35 AUD = $31.27 - that is almost a give away price here! But, as said, the cost of things like a cleaner shrimp makes up for it.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Awesome Duncan Tim. You must have beaten me to it. I can't complain though, David threw in my little colony for free as while I was trying to make up my mind on a bigger colony some other dude grabbed it.

How the heck do you keep your tank so clean?:drool:

lethal

Haha yeah Ive heard that, Thing is it all evens out. Cant you guys get Cleaner shrimp for like $15-20? They cost us $120 over here....

Hmmm. gotta get me a breeding pair of cleaners and im set.;)

Let me know when you do and i'll place my order :yup:

hallie

How the heck do you keep your tank so clean?:drool:

Hey Leigh,

Picked myself up the Hammerhead cleaner so run that over the glass every 3 days.

I have 3 hermits and 3 snails as a cuc, thats it. There are also hundreds of tiny white things maybe small snails, I have no idea where they came from but they just sit on the back wall and eat algae. You can see them in the last FTS I posted.

Cheers

Tim

hallie

Fed the tank about 30 minutes ago. Found out why theyre called clownfish. Shes been carrying this bit of food for about 20 minutes and hes trying to steal it off her haha.

Sorry about the crappy picture.

IMG_1221.jpg

Eyes bigger than stomach.

lethal

Classic Tim. Same thing happened to me yesterday. Put some frozen prawn in for the peps and one of the clowns beat them to it. The clowns then fought over it for ages until the smallest one swallowed it whole. Bet he had a stomach ache for a while.

hallie

Long time no update, been crazy busy at work so havnt had much time to add stuff to the tank. Which has actually been good cos some rly nice macros have grown and the pod population is out of control.

The sand bed got really dirty there for a while, picked up a few strombus snails and these guys have cleaned it up nicley.

Going to start stocking now, Plan to have heaps of acans and going to pick up a BTA when i see a nice one.

Got the day off today so took a pic.

IMG_5850.jpg

As you can see not much has changed, added the acan at teh bottom right (saw it marked at $15 and couldnt resist), I plan on that whole rock been covered in different colored acans. Also added the xenia last week, it was tiny, has tripled in size, probably going to cuase problems but I love the way it pulses.

Cleaned the back glass of coraline last week, any tips on how to clean the overflow?

Cheers

Tim

lethal

Good to have you back Tim. Tank is looking really pretty. Your Duncans have certainly taken off. What do you plan to put in next? I'd love to know how to clean the overflow too so i'll stay tuned.