Search results

1. Reefin

Kent Ro/di Unit

ya you should test the water after it leaves the system you want to have 0ppm before using it to top off or make salt water they sell dual in-line TDS meters on eBay for around $25 i use one on my RO/DI I just put the IN side of my meter after tho RO stage and the OUT side after the DI stage so...
  2. Reefin

buying a ro/di unit

I just recently got and RO/DI unit from the pure water club on ebay works great I had to go over all the fittings and tighten them down and re-telfon tape some as well but the unit works great 0ppm is whats coming out of the thing
  3. Reefin

Need Help With Tds And RO/DI!

Okay so I can't find a readable tds calibration solution to adjust my meter I just have to trust the fact that it's new a factory calibrated with that being said I tested my friends Ro/di water where i had been getting my water and it was 60ppm =( I know I know thats bad so I drove to closest...
  4. Reefin

Oh and I've let the system just run for some time know also to flush all of it out thanks for all the help everyone!
  5. Reefin

it's a brand new unit i kinda messed up when i ordered it it came with extras filters to as well but i guess my unit came with a Di resin that only gets 2-8ppm and then i saw on the directions i was supposed to sperately flush the RO membrane because of a solution in it i DIDN't do this because...
  6. Reefin

Ok here it goes i hooked my Ro/di unit long story short I also got a dual inline tds meter which is stated is factory calibrated the meter is reading 25ppm coming out of the unit after DI !!! and i know thats after all those other filters and the RO filter it supposed to be 20ppm then after the...
  7. Reefin

New Frag tank has arrived!!!

I will definetly look in to better filters for my unit for the next time around maybe you guys can I help me though I don't I think I might of messed something up it said to flush the RO membrane and then place in the unit which I did not do because I don't follow directions it said that there...
  8. Reefin

Ok so this also is a new addition just arrived today sorry I did't include any pictures of the process but heres the 95% finished result just lacking mounting the tds meter and tidy up a but but here she is the new RO/DI unit the original plan was to put the unit under the sink but it wouldn't...
  9. Reefin

No hood I want to do MH because that what my DT has and thats were most of the frags would be coming from I wanna try to match the lighting so i can house all different types of coral but just have different kelvin than DT I like open top thats the way my DT is...The tank is 24"x16"x8" I have...
  10. Reefin

A got if from a guy local to me he makes custom acrylic tanks with reasonable pricing he advertises on ebay Co. is called Advance Acrylics he custom made this one for me and did an awesome job!!!
  11. Reefin

OK everyone so here it goes I got my frag tank today I'm stoked I'm going to be tying it into my main system on the opposite side of wall from DT and sump in my bathroom it will be at least another week or two before I can get some water in it I need to build a custom stand for my bathroom to...
  12. Reefin

Is this a good RO/DI system?

I've already ordered the one in the first link was only a $160 once I added on the water feed adapter and it comes with a set of replacement filters can't beat that I also picked up a dual in-line tds meter for the unit I don't have a lot of money just trying to get the best with wht i have lol
  13. Reefin

Can spa flex be used?

Yep I'm using spa flex on the intake side of my external pump was told it can help keep some of the pump noise down to!
  14. Reefin

why does my anemone look like this?

when yours does this and it stretches out does it twist like this?Just tripping me out never seen it really do this in 3 months that I've had it.
  15. Reefin

Does anybody have any ideas BTA was like this again last night and again this morning it's usually tucked down more in between the those rocks is it getting ready to split water parameters are good and haven't changed ?
  16. Reefin

So I think I'm going to go with RO/DI system in the first link I posted my friend seems to be getting 0 ppm out of his same unit I mean all of the other names brands are twice as expensive so if any one has any other opinions please let me know
  17. Reefin

What are some other good RO/DI units i don't really need the pressurized tank i just need RO/DI and if this is the best I can do with out spending a $100 more then so be and if it's possible to buy better quality filters later even better
  18. Reefin

I'm in the same boat as you chipmunkofdoom2 I don't have a lot of money but want to stop those trips to the LFS lol
  19. Reefin

how come sometimes my BTA looks like this and others it usually tucked down in between those rocks no change in water parameters?
  20. Reefin

vid of coral at low tide in fiji

Wow that's a pretty cool video thats amazing how many corals there and that there all just out of the water like that!