New Frag tank has arrived!!!

Reefin

OK everyone so here it goes I got my frag tank today I'm stoked I'm going to be tying it into my main system on the opposite side of wall from DT and sump in my bathroom it will be at least another week or two before I can get some water in it I need to build a custom stand for my bathroom to hold the frag tank I recently hurt my back at work and Dr. says no heavy lifting so no wood working for me =( I'm going to use egg crate with a bare bottom and just an inch or two under the eeg crate for flow I'm leaning toward a MH pendant for lighting what wattage do you guys think i should go with tank is only gonna have 7" of water in it?

photoej.jpg

Reefin

A got if from a guy local to me he makes custom acrylic tanks with reasonable pricing he advertises on ebay Co. is called Advance Acrylics he custom made this one for me and did an awesome job!!!

chipmunkofdoom2

Wow, that tank looks awesome!

I'm not sure about MH with that... MH might be TOO intense. There is only 7 inches of water to pass through. It's a cube shape right? I'd say try to get a few retro kits for T5s and see if you can put some type of DIY hood together.

Reefin

No hood I want to do MH because that what my DT has and thats were most of the frags would be coming from I wanna try to match the lighting so i can house all different types of coral but just have different kelvin than DT I like open top thats the way my DT is...The tank is 24"x16"x8" I have very very limited space in my bathroom so I planned on just making a shelf way above the frag tank (I'm a tall guy) so I could hang a MH pendant from the bottom of shelf and put the light I my desired height from the water

Reefin

Ok so this also is a new addition just arrived today sorry I did't include any pictures of the process but heres the 95% finished result just lacking mounting the tds meter and tidy up a but but here she is the new RO/DI unit the original plan was to put the unit under the sink but it wouldn't fit lol so on the outside it went at this point i can't tell if I'm just Crazy or I really LOVE REEFING AND MY FISH I don't know but my gf tinks both lol i know I'm not the only one though!!!

I know i have to flush the filters for a good while but when do i know the water is good and I mean GOOD before i ad it to make tank i know my tds meter should say 0ppm but is there any other way to double check it just to make sure it's perfect RO/DI h2o

photorw.jpg

BLAKEJOHN

Well thats an awkward place for your RO/DI unit.....If someone was to use your pot they might think you have an odd medical condition. Hey I have a small house and know how it is with equipment placement.....

The best way to know if your water is perfect is to get a hand-held TDS and calibrate it with calibration fluid which is closest to your actuall readings. So for your output of your DI (which should be 0) I would get the lowest calibration fluid that you can.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's the exactsame RO/DI I have. In a few months you may want to go ahead and change your filters for QUALITY filters as the ones that come from that company are "Ok" but could be better.Bulk Reef Supply can hook you up with filters and DI resin.

Reefin

I will definetly look in to better filters for my unit for the next time around maybe you guys can I help me though I don't I think I might of messed something up it said to flush the RO membrane and then place in the unit which I did not do because I don't follow directions it said that there was somekind of solution to rinse before inserting into unit did I mess up big time by not doing this I have ben flushing the entire unit anyways can someone help maybe you big al since you have the same unit what did you do ?