Search results

1. J

Moving an aquarium and upgrading

I guess I'm not really new to the saltwater aquarium world as I have had them for just over 6 years. I had a 120 setup for the longest of time and had to break it down to not getting the algae under control. Tried with great effort for around a year and it came to that :( I moved all the fish to...
  2. J

Convert a sump to a FOWLR?

Hi all. I've posted several tank threads here over the years and thoroughly enjoyed all the input and help. I recently purchased a new sump for my 120 gallon reef tank and now have a perfectly good tank sitting around. I came up with an idea of possibly converting it to a fowlr tank (if...
  3. J

white blotch on clownfish

This white blotch started pretty small and over a year has increased in size. My sharknose goby loves to pick at it. Any ideas what it could be?
  4. J

bleaching frogspawn?

My lfs wanted to see a pic of my tank. My frogspawn caught their attention and they think it's bleaching. I moved everything from a 34g red sea max a month ago. This guy was teh hardest hit. Have been working out flow for the longest of time and finalyl got the flow the way it likes it. During...
  5. J

MP10es W

So in my 120 gallon 48x24x24 LPS tank I have 1 tunze 6025? i think 1 MP10 1 MP40es W I'm finding the MP40es W to be too powerful for the tank and have it turned down to about 30% of it's power. There is a guy in my area wanted to trade 2 MP10es W for my MP40es W. I am curious to what...
  6. J

Aaron'snew 120g!

Hi all. I've pretty much been stalking these forumns for awhile and never posted until now. I've been an aquarist for about 10 years now, so thats just under half my life ;) For 6 of those years I have done freshwater. Neon tetras to angelfish to Cichlids to discus. It was quite a run. After...
  7. J

ReefKeeper Lite Plus moonlights?

Hi all, I just recently installed this controller and currently in LOVE with this thing. It does everything I could want and more. The one thing I am having trouble finding an answer for is the lunar lights. I know they have the lunar pods mod and what not, but i have a 48" blue led strip...
  8. J

Zoa Spiders

So I learned all too late about Zoa Spiders. By the time I figured out that Zoa spiders were the cause for my depleting Zoa's, it was too late. Lost 3 colonies about 75-100 heads each. Had them for 2 years :( Ever since they died off, I decided I wouldn't do Zoa's anymore, but 8 months later I...
  9. J

Combining two tanks

Hi all, I have had the pleasure of running two tanks. My first is the Red Sea Max 130D which has been running for 3 years come this Nov. My second tank which is a 45 gallon with 20 gallon sump has only been running for 5 months (won this setup from my lfs promotion). I bought a XP-1000SSS...
  10. J

need some fish ideas

I'm working with a 45 gallon cube tank and a 20 gallon sump.60 lbs of sand, 60 lbs of live rock (spilt evenly between sump and DT), and the super reef octopus xp-1000sss skimmer. Also have an aquaticlite. Can't remember the model, but its the one with T-5's. I would like to make it a mixed reef...
  11. J

ID weird hard substance

This stuff is growing on two of my rocks and its pretty difficult to remove. Its hard and smooth. Any thoughts?
  12. J

frogspawn problems

Hello all. I have a Red Sea Max 130D with Chemi Pure Elite in the chamber of death including a MP10 on my left wall. The aquarium has been setup now for 7 months and I have had a frogspawn in there for 6 months now. Before I went on my weekend trip, I put in the new T5 lights and did a water...
  13. J

Fragging Mushrooms

So I have my mushrooms on an isolated rock and for the past 3 months, I have been fighting every known algae on that rock. So I decided that I am gonan remove the muchroom corals and just remove the rock all together. At the same time, I would like to save the micro brittle stars that are in...
  14. J

some kind of hermit?

one of my friends returned from texas with a bunch of these hermits from texas and they wanted to know if I wanted one. I said I would look into it, but not really sure if it is worth the risk of putting something in like this. sorry for the blurryness...
  15. J

problems with my Voretech MP10

Just got myself a MP10 today for my tank. Got it all ready to go into the tank and when I plugged the power cable in, my TV went berserk (channel cutting in and out). Unplugged the pump and the TV was fine. Plugged the pump back in and same results. The pump and tank are on their own circuit...
  16. J

probably well known...

I got some live rock from a tank that was being taken apart. got it into my tank and a day later noticed a fish... so i'm thinkin it just was in a whole of the rock as it got transported. The guy doesn't remember what the fish is called so I thought I would ask here. its about 1.5" long...
  17. J

First Saltwater tank

Well, after many many months of getting the money around and doing a lot of research, I finalyl went out and bought my very first SW tank RSM 130D. Very pleased with it so far even tho its been running for 5 hours lol. So I thought I cleaned out my sand fairly well and it turns out all my...
  18. J

first saltwater tank

So i have 2 29 gallon freshwater tanks. one with Discus and the other with ciclids. I have decided to move on into saltwater. There are tons of reviews on the RSM, but they are really mixed. A few say they are a piece of junk, don't waste your money. Others say its amazing, but they do a...