Combining two tanks

Janka

Hi all,
I have had the pleasure of running two tanks. My first is the Red Sea Max 130D which has been running for 3 years come this Nov. My second tank which is a 45 gallon with 20 gallon sump has only been running for 5 months (won this setup from my lfs promotion). I bought a XP-1000SSS Reef Octopus skimmer for that setup, rated for up to 125 gallons. I love my two tanks, but its so much of a hassle trying to take care of both with my limited time. So I came to the conclusion of combing both tanks into a 125. Found a sweet deal for a 120 with stand and sump. Used of course, but so far it looks promising. They claim it's a 120 Oceanic Tech Series. Said the lights came with and the bulbs are the originals. So I know I need to get some new halide bulbs if I want to proceed.
My biggest question is, how do I proceed after plumbing the new tank? How do I combine both tanks into one safely? My fish won't be a problem. Red Sea Max has :2 True Percula Clowns, Sharknose Goby, and a shrimp. The other tank has a Royal Gramma and a Helfrich's Firefish. Of course the assortment of snails in both.
Guess I am just looking for some guidence in this area. If just seems like a lot of things could go wrong in a move like this and I would ideally like to avoid. I would like to move everything from both tanks into the larger one. Any help in this area would be very much appreaciated!

*Edit* Forgot to mention there are also corals involved.

Last edited:

Janka

Thanks for info =D I gotmyslef the tank and it's just been sitting around due to my 12 hr days. Only get Sunday's off currently so it's on hold =(