Search results

1. SpitFyre

Black spot on diamondback goby

I have a diamondback goby with a black spot on it's chin. Is this a normal thing?
  2. SpitFyre

polyps ?

4 of my polyps have gotten very big and lost there color. anyone seen anything like this? the water is in check and everything else is doing great
  3. SpitFyre

OT - A general Thank you

We just want to thanks the many of you who have answered our questions over the past few months and helped us acheive our goals with our tank. Thank you all for being so patient and helpful!
  4. SpitFyre

powerheads

We have 4 powerheads with aerator hoses. There seems to be quite a bit of bubbles in the tank. Is this good for a reef tank? What suggestions would you have for positioning the powerheads. I have two on each end of the tank. one hundred twenty five gallon reef tank.
  5. SpitFyre

protein skimmer

Ihave a seaclone 150 made by instant ocean. My tank is a 125 but my skimmer has not done much. In 48 hours ive collected about half an inch of green goop. am i doind something wrong or is my tank just really clean?
  6. SpitFyre

clownfish

Just curious, since the black and the white/orange are the same species, could you pair one orange and one black together?
  7. SpitFyre

Vivid Aquariums

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know we placed our first order from the internet last week! We ordered from Vivid Aquarium. They are great! They were very friendly to deal with. The fish and coral were well packaged and arrived alive. Thanks Vivid!
  8. SpitFyre

Clown Question

Hi everyone! First of all, we are SO excited!!! Our Tomato Clown just started playing in our Bubble Tip (we just the BT on Thursday!). Its so fun to watch it! Okay, so our question is this. We have a 125 gallon tank. We have a Tomato Clown and a nemo-type clown (I always forget their...
  9. SpitFyre

help! what should i do?

i did a 50% water change yesterday. my protein skimmer was supposed to be here today. i have corals arriving tomorrow. there was a screw up with the protien skimmer and now it wont be here until next wed. im really worried about my coral!!! should i go to the pet store and buy one, or...
  10. SpitFyre

Protien Skimmer suggestions?

I want to have live coral in my tank, but I still need to get a protien skimmer. Any suggestions? I have a 125 gallon tank.
  11. SpitFyre

What are these things?

These little white things are on the side of the glass.
  12. SpitFyre

White circles on inside of tank?

So we FINALLY got our lights and our fish and tank look AMAZING! We can see the algae growing that we were missing before, its just unbelieveable what the right lights do for your tank! Anyway, now that we can actually see, we've discovered the inside of the glass has small white circles all...
  13. SpitFyre

Scooter Blenny has Red spots

So I noticed my scooter blenny has little red spots on him. It almost looks like a rash. Any ideas on what may be going on?
  14. SpitFyre

Ordering online

Never ordered off line before. But Im placing an order through someone I met one here (thanks reefsanctuary!). But other then here, where are good places to order offline? Right now we're mainly looking for live rock and clean up crew. But in the future for fish, anemones, etc? Also, how...
  15. SpitFyre

Raising Brine Shrimp

We're thinking about hatching brine shrimp for our saltwater tank. Any tips or ideas on raising them? Our first attempt to hatch any failed. We didn't use rock salt though, so we beleive this was our mistake. We read you shouldn't use a tank with corners to hatch them. Is that right? We...
  16. SpitFyre

Curing Driftwood? Strange thing in sand

Hi all! Got two questions for you guys today! While we were in Jekyl Island we found a piece of driftwood on the beach. We bought it home with us and would like to put it in our tank at some point. How do we cure it and make it tank safe? Also my parents attended the GVMA in Destin FL...
  17. SpitFyre

other pets?

just wondering, what other types of pets everyone has. in addition to the salt water tank, we have a freshwater tank, a betta tank, a cockatoo, 2 cockatiels, 4 dogs, 6 cats, and currently raising 5 baby opposums (three from one litter, two from another). with the exception of one dog, and the...
  18. SpitFyre

whats good and whats bad?

a book we have says that green is good. however, the pet store we use said some green is bad. so, which green is good? photos would be really helpful here.
  19. SpitFyre

deflated anemone

Our anemone looks deflated sometimes. What does that mean? Its a hatian pink tip. Also, will any clowns play in it? Whats the best kind for clowns?
  20. SpitFyre

diy protien skimmers for beginner

I don't have a protien skimmer but may try to make one any plan or ideas will be useful. I have a spare air pump and air stone. I have heard good things about CC skimmer what one works best?