other pets?

SpitFyre

just wondering, what other types of pets everyone has. in addition to the salt water tank, we have a freshwater tank, a betta tank, a cockatoo, 2 cockatiels, 4 dogs, 6 cats, and currently raising 5 baby opposums (three from one litter, two from another). with the exception of one dog, and the fish, everything came to us from my work. my dads a vet and im a vet tech. :) my dad and i work together, and we have a no kill rescue we run too.

faust

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

Winston.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
OMG Faust, those are the best pics.

We have two Yellow lab mixes. Katrina rescues, brothers (we think). Mason & Dixon. They are mellow, smart, good natured, and just seem to appreciate a *home*.
Pics tmro.

faust

OMG Faust, those are the best pics.

We have two Yellow lab mixes. Katrina rescues, brothers (we think). Mason & Dixon. They are mellow, smart, good natured, and just seem to appreciate a *home*.
Pics tmro.

are you sure they're labs. cause winston is hell on paws!!! lol

PaulR

Wonderful wonderful pics, wonderful animals, and some great animal parents too. :)

We have one dog, a pound rescue. She is 1/2 dauschund, and 1/2 border collie. When people ask, we describe her as a jacked up dauschund or a stretch collie. Either works, and she is gorgeous. Named Baby of course. Allergic to everything under the sun, which is why she was in the pound, but after 7 years, she is doing a lot better. We have the single best vet in Texas I think. :)

We also have an 2 year old Egyptian Mau named Persephone (family name of Sephie) who is both sweet and irritating. She can open every door in the house, so we have to keep the outside doors deadbolted, or else we are chasing her around the golf course. :)

And a year ago, what we thought was a poor little kitten showed up on our back porch and wouldn't go away. Thought she had had an encounter with a car, because her face was all smushed in. Hah -

Took her to the vet to find out if she was chipped - found out se was a couple years old, pregnant, and only 4.5 pounds. She would not have survived giving birth, so we choose to keep her and took the kittens.

She is a "Chocolate Point Himalayan", meaning someone had *bred* her to have the smushed face, along with the breathing problems and runny eyes, and all the other physical challenges. Beggars! Anyway, her name is Sasha and she is now 7 pounds, and the Alpha Cat. She looks like a Kung Fu Panda bear when she is asserting herself, because she gets on her back feet and slaps around the dog, cats, and even humans when she is irritated with them. :)

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, we just love our animals, and it is evident you do too!

dianezoo

Spitfryre should have "zoo" after his name. My pets have scaled down.
I no longer have parrots but I miss my african Grey very much. Our boxer belonged to our son who moved out with the dog. He needs the dog to help him through his illness. I have adopted a stray calico cat who appeared at my side the day I burried my Gandolf (the African Grey) Like Paul's cat this stray came back every day for a year and I just finally had to take care of her. I named her the opposite of Gandolf =Flogdnag..we call her Flo. she is soooo loving. I have a Bearded Dragon named Maug then fish of course: 125 FW tank mostly very large clown loaches and golden severums, a 10 gal neon cardinal tank. and a 55 gal African cichlid tank. and my 90 Gal reef.

SpitFyre

Took her to the vet to find out if she was chipped - found out se was a couple years old, pregnant, and only 4.5 pounds. She would not have survived giving birth, so we choose to keep her and took the kittens. QUOTE]

I wish everybody would chip their pets! Its fairly cheap (I know we only charge $15). I have all my dogs & cats done...tried to get the parrot but she wouldn't let us, lol.

Your post Paul warmed my heart. Sounds like you're doing a great job over there for the critters! :)

I'd love to have an egyptian mau. They are BEAUTIFUL! And very smart, as you've found out. My dream cat is a sphinx. I have an oriental shorthair named Knoxville who is my heart. He sleeps on my face at night and talks all the time.

BTW - My boyfriend wants me to clear it up that its his girlfriend writing this, not him. :)

ReefLady

Staff member
are you sure they're labs. cause winston is hell on paws!!! lol

When they were younger, they were house terrorists. If it wasn't nailed down, they ate it. There's nothing more embarrassing than asking your cable company to replace the remote because the dogs ate it. LOL
Now, they're so mellow. They love to sleep...it's pretty much their favorite thing to do! Some pics...

Hiking on vacation in VT last summer

emers2.jpg

Enjoying "Dog Mountain" (very cool place) in St Johnsbury, VT

dmpond.jpg

Mason sleeping in the sun after swimming in the lake:

slmason1.jpg

My youngest buried Dixon in the sand....he looks like he's bothered, LOL

sldixon.jpg

jgking21

Teri, thank for looking at my boy. Your dogs are awesome! They look like they enjoy the mountains and sand as much as Bentley (my dog). Bentley loves the mountains, my avatar is him at the top of Stone Mountain in NC.

Jeremy0322

Figured I would chip in here and list what we have other than the tank.

6 dogs...
-Tyco (3/4 Aussie Shepherd, 1/4 Border Collie), hes mine, rest are the stepmoms
-Tie (yellow lab) - 5 months old maybe
-Tanner (pug)
-Harley (pug-lab mix)
-Candace - Terrier something mix...lol
-Max(Pekingese)

3 cats....
-Tink
-Ditto
-White Cat :lol:
-We also currently have 6 baby kittens that were found in a ditch and we took in, vet said couldnt be but 2 weeks old when we got them, and they had no mom so it was us or nothing really.

Almost all of the animals were saved, with the exception of Tyco, Tie, and Tanner.

IMG_0357.jpg

Tyco, Tie, and Tanner - they are in time out in the kitchen because it was apparently decided that the mini-blind and end table lamp didnt need to stay in one spot...
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

No other animals yet. But My fiance and I are going to be getting a Black Scotish Terrier! We are going to name him Morgan.

novanosis

My Turn!!!

A Golden Doodle..
My Cody poop! I miss him but he was one of the best dogs I have ever owned. Thats coming from a German shepherd lover..

l_aadac659242a4e26af3a3760171d9cf9.jpg

l_c27480e0be3b443596e149f157bafef91.jpg

And my newest addition! RINGO!
My first ever cat and I was suprised how much I loved him!!!

l_ae27206ded6f4b08b007a52cf4d22df5.jpg

l_b1bc74cb80664685ab51643c3226c273.jpg

tektite

My little girls :)

The spotted one helping me inspect my sump before being put into operation:
P1020248.jpg

My little puppy snoozing:
P1030685.jpg