Search results

1. J

detailed chiller instalation

can any one post detailed pics of there chiller instalation with external pump. i have all my equipment just want to set it up right the first time. i would appreciate pics of the accessory att. and the full plumbing.
  2. J

How Often Do You Clean Your Pumps

I've noticed that my flow has slowed down and that water volume is high in main tank when i top off at water mark in rear chambers. Does this mean i have to get down and durty and start major clean up. Tank has been running since May 21st 2009??
  3. J

adding more sand

i am not happy with my sand bed in my aquarium witch is running for 10 days now. i havent seen a cycle happen yet and was wondering if now would be the best time to add more sand and will this start a new cycle?
  4. J

optimum placement of powerheads?

my tank has been set it for just over a week. im playing arround with my power heads to minimize dead zones. i rum a red sea max 250 and i added a koralia 3 for the extra flow. i also have a very small sand bed 2'' to 3'' and that only arround the rock since i have eggcrate under my rock. my...
  5. J

cloudiness in my max 250

my live rock just went in yesterday followed by my sand. sand wad rinced and then put in to the tank. all pumps and skimmer were shut down during this. i find myself with very murky and cloudy water today?? is this normal and if yes how long does it last? i took out all medias in my...
  6. J

How much salt for a max 250

Im just finishing preparing my r/o water and will be mixing in my salt to the tank today. just wanted a good guidline to how much salt i shoul be adding to be safe and not over salt?
  7. J

MAX 250 in the works

Hello everyone! Im the newbie in town. I should be getting my new max 250 in about a week or 2. I have been reading up for quite some time now but still have a few questions i would like answers for as im getting mentally psyched for the journey. So far i have bought: r/o unit and a tds...