Search results

1. fishmama67

What is it?!

Doesn't actually look much like the cups but they ahve white balls and not orange. All I can seem to find are "orange ball enemones" so I am not sure. I will try to get some pics but don't hold out much hope.
  2. fishmama67

What is it?!

AWH Come on! I already said my camara doesn't work. Can't anyone gimme a GUESS?!
  3. fishmama67

What is it?!

I have a couple of little dealies that look like anemones but the LAST time I thought that, it turned out I just had a moderate case of Aptasia! SO let's see if I can discribe it (because my flippin' camara doesn't work!) Here goes: There are I think three of them. The have an almost clear main...
  4. fishmama67

Mama's got a brand new baby!

Haven't really decided yet, YR. Still looking at SunDial T5s from Marine Depot. So far, I have been happy with everything I have gotten from them. However, still open to suggestions. DocHank had a couple of suggestions too. I just am sure I cannot afford halides at this time. The sundial T5s...
  5. fishmama67

I know it has been a very long time since I last posted. All I can say is that I have been up too my neck in school and Masters classes. I did not fall off of the face of the Earth though at times I feel like it! My tank is doing well though I have not added to it since the snails. Most of...
  6. fishmama67

Thank you! Yes it is! One thing about me is something my friends always call the "Samster attitude". Just means that when I set my mind to something it just becomes a "We're doing THIS now" thing and I rarely give up especially when I find out there really is something to be done about the...
  7. fishmama67

So I waited one week after I got my snails and then did a 10% water change. Then I waited another two weeks before I did the next round of chem tests to see if I was messing around too much, not enough have I really come to the end of my cycle finally?! I was a bit worried as all my Florida...
  8. fishmama67

Got my snails about a week ago. There are a really really LOT of them, far more than I ordered! As in, I asked for 50 dwarfs and got about 400! Also got my Mag float and used it on Sunday. OK, all I can say is my tank has NEVER been so sparkly! :yup: The sorta worrisome thing is that the...
  9. fishmama67

when do you change the resin?

Cool! Thanks everybody!
  10. fishmama67

when do you change the resin?

I have a RO/DI Plus unit from Bulkreefsupply with duel DI chambers. The first one is about 3/4 brown now but the second chamber is still almost all blue. Anyone know when to change the resin out? I don't want to dump the resin yet if it isn't exhausted but I don't want IT to dump if it is. My...
  11. fishmama67

Petting fish

Don't pet da fish! At least without gloves! It is bad for their complexions! LOL
  12. fishmama67

Who can tell me true?

It is certainly interesting the vast number of people who do indeed agree with the book guy! What is more, when I read in my new "Marine Invertibrates" book by Shimek I am discovering that I may not really want very many corals! WOW! Those dudes are not very nice neighbors are they? Stinging...
  13. fishmama67

Who can tell me true?

So I was down at the LFS drooling :drooool: over the Coral Beauty and the Flame Angels. I have been reading in my "fish book" that these kids sometimes will nip the clam mantles and the soft corals.:bouncebox FSG says that is not true. I have learned not to completely trust the FSG so...
  14. fishmama67

LFS said this was Aiptasia?

Sounds like they are bad guys even though they look really cool! What brings 'em in and how do ya get rid of them? How will I know if I have this?
  15. fishmama67

I checked into the ReefCleaners site. Filled out the "custom CUC" form and eagerly await a response. It is very exciting to be able to think about new denizens of the reef again. 5 months can be a very short time or a very long time to wait. It is all a matter of perpective isn't it? If you have...
  16. fishmama67

Excellent! That was my thinking too, getting the CUC first but I did not know how to decide what to get and how many. I will certainly check in with ReefCleaners! Thanks Doc!
  17. fishmama67

Setting up the QT

Cool thanks guys! I checked out the link ya'll provided and that answered most of the questions I have, well at least so far. Please don't hesitate to add your two bits anyone who wants to and/or has opinions about this. Though I have only been a member for a very short time, I HAVE noticed t...
  18. fishmama67

Setting up the QT

As many of you know, I am just a baby in the Salt water world (only 5 months old) with a 55 gallon tank. Presently I have FOWLR but am aiming for a reef tank with all the fun and pretties that go with. Since I have been a member of RS, I have read myriad posts about the use of a quarantine tank...
  19. fishmama67

Patience is a virtue

You didn't know about the "have patience" thing either huh? I know somewhat how you feel. I jumped in and believed everything the LFS said. Good Golly Don't do that! Then I found salvation in the RS! So good luck, put 'er in "putter" speed and you will be fine!
  20. fishmama67

Your best Month

I love May! School is almost out and the heat hasn't kicked up yet. Mornings are soft, evenings are crisp. Next is Early fall for the same reasons. (Except for the school part!)