LFS said this was Aiptasia?

TenUhC

IMG_0141.JPG

The organism on the end of the rock below the green star polyps. I haven't seen a Aiptasia photo look like that but have seen some other pest anemones that looked similar. What do ya think? I treated it with Aiptasia Control. Hope LFS was right.

TenUhC

I thought manjo my self. Either way the Aiptasia control was for Aiptasia, glass and other nuisance anemones. So fingers crossed.

l3fty999

Yep, majano. I kept some for a while in a 20g tank because my particular strain was very colorful. Having observed them for a while, I can tell you they spread very fast. If you find them interesting enough to keep them, be VERY careful not to use any equipment from the small tank with majanos on any other tank.

Take care
Aaron

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yep, majano. I kept some for a while in a 20g tank because my particular strain was very colorful. Having observed them for a while, I can tell you they spread very fast. If you find them interesting enough to keep them, be VERY careful not to use any equipment from the small tank with majanos on any other tank.

Take care
Aaron

Very true! They not ony attach to rock, but will do the same with heaters, powerheads, etc. I found out the hard way transferring rock from a larger tank with a few on them, to a small one. I didn't keep up with them and they took over the small tank quickly and I had to eventually trash everything in the small tank & start it over.

fishmama67

Sounds like they are bad guys even though they look really cool! What brings 'em in and how do ya get rid of them? How will I know if I have this?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Majanos can come in with your liverock (mine did) or with coral colonies and maybe even frags. Aiptasia-X works really well on the Majanos.