What is it?!

fishmama67

I have a couple of little dealies that look like anemones but the LAST time I thought that, it turned out I just had a moderate case of Aptasia! SO let's see if I can discribe it (because my flippin' camara doesn't work!) Here goes:
There are I think three of them. The have an almost clear main "body" section with tiny little tentacles thaty have bitsy little white bulbs or blobs on the end. They (the tentacle) wave around all the time and because they are so teeny (the largest is about 1/2" in Diameter) and they are embedded in one LR they don't ever close up because my fish don't bother then and the snails rarely get that high on the rocks. These fellers have been with me for about a month and have not really grown any or spread that I can see. I have no aptasia (DON'T tell the aptaisa troll!) and sooooo, I am HOPING these guys are "good guys".
All my chem levels are perfect with saline at 0.26, pH at 8.3, nitrates, nitrites and ammonia at 0 where they ahve ALL been for the past 7 months.
Fish include one happy pair of Perculas and a lovely Coral Beauty. The clowns have been in the tank for almost a year and it's about two months since the Beauty took up residence.
Any ideas?

tektite

Also look up ball anemones. I have a couple in my tank that look exactly like what you described, almost clear bodies with white balls on the ends of the tentacles.

Not a very good pic, but the best I have in photobucket right now:
P1080387copy.jpg

They're not actually anemones, they're corallimorphs.

fishmama67

Also look up ball anemones. I have a couple in my tank that look exactly like what you described, almost clear bodies with white balls on the ends of the tentacles.

Not a very good pic, but the best I have in photobucket right now:
P1080387copy.jpg

They're not actually anemones, they're corallimorphs.

Doesn't actually look much like the cups but they ahve white balls and not orange. All I can seem to find are "orange ball enemones" so I am not sure. I will try to get some pics but don't hold out much hope.