Search results

1. Pool Man

GBTA in a RSM?

Ok, looks like I'll be re-arranging some. Thx for the replies.
  2. Pool Man

ausreefs 130

I'm afriad I'd just have to skinny-dip... Very nice. Gives me reason to re-do my RSM.
  3. Pool Man

GBTA in a RSM?

I'm curious if anyone is/ has kept a BTA in thier RSM long term... successfully without major mods to thier lighting?
  4. Pool Man

GFO in relation to Phosphates

changed my mind
  5. Pool Man

HA on back glass Cyano on rock Full Tank Shot Side Shot Fuge section of 75g Sump/fuge (over ran with pods) Sorry about the picture quality (Iphone) I hope seeing these might help.
  6. Pool Man

Filtration for a RedSea Max 130?

The RedSea Max is a great tank. However the stock filtration is less than desirable, but easily modified. The RedSea Max forum here, has just about every type of successful mod you can do to one, including filtration. Plus the members there are great! Always willing to help. Do a "search" and...
  7. Pool Man

Pumps for ASM skimmer

I ran an ASM-G2 for two years, loved it. Are you sure it's the pump and not just the impeller? Mine would "Hang-up" every so often during start-ups after cleaning ect.. Impeller replacement worked like a charm.
  8. Pool Man

DI resin changed 000 TDS! (003 between RO and DI) Scrapping the SW I made yesterday as a precaution. Will do a 30g WC this evening.
  9. Pool Man

That's why I'm here. So, p04 is diffenately my problem.. excess amounts being introduced through some form or fashion? What can I do to improve my husbandry skills and/ or set-up? I can write out my entire routine in reguards to maintence, feeding, Livestock, equiptment, ect... Please ask! I'm...
  10. Pool Man

I did use 100+ lbs of dry pukani rock, but the HA grows on the back glass as oppose to the rock. I do get cyano on them still, after 8 months I would hope I'd be over this. This is the first time setting up a tank with dry rock.. All my others would be looking great (even though young) by this...
  11. Pool Man

I've heard this argument before, but I find it hard to believe. If the algae is using it, shouldn't there atleast show up as trace amounts? Is there another direction I should be looking? I just really want to solve this.
  12. Pool Man

My 200 has been up since this past Feb. I use both carbon and GFO in seperate BRS reactors along with a 75g sump/ fuge. I get cyano/ red slime bacteria/ and some form of hair algae.. not the blue/green kind.. a much finer kind. I assumed it was a phosphate issue.. Testing using an API Phosphate...
  13. Pool Man

Coral feeding help needed

Thinking I could alternate the Zoo, Phyto, Cyclopeze and Marine Snow daily. Maybe not the Marine Snow or Phyto. Monday= Zooplex, Tues.= Cyclopeze, Wed. = Zooplex.... an so on. Feeding early in the morning before I head off to work. Even my "Off" days I still get up by 6. I'm running an ASM...
  14. Pool Man

Coral feeding help needed

I've never been big on feeding my corals, but I need to change that. I'm getting more into the SPS, Favias and Brains. "Feeding" my tank will help my Zoas too. I've held on to several of my favorite softies during my upgrade to my 200, but never really fed them directly in the 120. I'm wanting...
  15. Pool Man

ATO help

Thanks Guys.. I've got both a MJ600 & 1200 I can use. I was afraid they'd be too much, but I'll try the 600 first.
  16. Pool Man

ATO help

What is the best pump to use with my JBJ ATO on my RSM130. I started with an Aqua-Lifter (would not keep up) then a Mini-Jet 404.. won't even make it up the tube to the tank. What are you guys using?
  17. Pool Man

240g Set up questions

What should I be looking at for return pump size? Total system volume will be around 300g.
  18. Pool Man

240g Set up questions

This will deffinatly be a Reef. So far, I got the equiptment from my 120. Some I'll use, some would just be under-sized. My current sump/ fuge is a converted 55g... looking at a 90g. Current skimmer ASM G2, working on a deal to trade up to a friends G4 model. I've been extremly happy with my...
  19. Pool Man

240g Set up questions

I should be getting my 240 in this weekend and not sure on several things. I've yet to decide on a return pump (or pumps). The over-flows are @ each end of the tank (96x24x24). I'm looking into using a 90g AGA as my sump/ refugium. Any thoughts? Should I be considering external pumps?
  20. Pool Man

Reefmack's RSM 130

Terry... I thought I'd stop in on your thread and say "Thanks" for helping me start mine. Figured I'd try to read yours to catch up on whats going on....that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!!! You have 245 pages worth of POST! Nice Tubs! Don't know much about Scolys, but beautiful colors.