Reefmack's RSM 130

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Jim - I think some or all is lighting. My bulbs in the 6G are over a year old. I just got a new bulb, but haven't put it in yet. Plus the Kenya Tree has grown so much in that tiny tank that it's starting to shade things. There's only about 3 watts/gallon of light in the 6G tank, and I have about 5 watts/gallon in the RSM. Plus the T5s are I'm sure higher quality in the RSM than the 18 watt bulb in the little JBJ tank. When zoas look like they do in my first picture it seems to indicate to me that they're stretching to try to get closer to the lights. Just my opinion on the stretching, but I even see it on some zoas in the RSM that are a bit shaded.

crespeto

man the new additions look great, very nice looking. Hope they do well. keep us posted. Not sure but I've noticed something similar on my zoa rock. The ones grown on the side or just under a lip seem to grow really long base tubs but the ones on the top that get the best light seem to be much shorter.

Pool Man

Terry... I thought I'd stop in on your thread and say "Thanks" for helping me start mine. Figured I'd try to read yours to catch up on whats going on....that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!!! You have 245 pages worth of POST! Nice Tubs! Don't know much about Scolys, but beautiful colors.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Terry... I thought I'd stop in on your thread and say "Thanks" for helping me start mine. Figured I'd try to read yours to catch up on whats going on....that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!!! You have 245 pages worth of POST! Nice Tubs! Don't know much about Scolys, but beautiful colors.

Hey - you're welcome and thanks! I've had so many changes that reading all of it wouldn't make sense LOL! It's all a learning process that never ends, with some trial and error thrown in to keep things challenging (and frustrating at times too!).

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I did a bit of glass cleaning with the Nano Mag and decided to take a few hand-held pictures - too lazy to set up the tripod LOL!

I took some shots of various parts of the tank....

View2.jpg

view4.jpg

View1.jpg

view3.jpg

view6.jpg

Sinularia11_20_10.jpg

GrLeather11_20_10.jpg

The green palys in the back right corner came as a few on a large piece of LR rubble I got at my LFS. I ended up not using it for the purpose I got it, so I dumped it in that corner ages ago. They really multiplied! My two clowns raise their eggs above it in that corner, so I'd guess that a lot of the fry end up as food for those palys. My pistol shrimp lives under the paly rock - it's a pretty busy corner! :

view5.jpg

Close up of the green palys - they're right up to the side of the glass:

GreenPalys11_20_10.jpg

This is the Pink Colt Cladiella that was being consumed by the big nudibranch I pulled out not long ago. Really reduced in size by the nudibranch feasting on it for a while. It's holding it's own but hasn't grown any since the nudi was removed. I can't see any sign of nudis on it, but I'm keeping an eye on it:

PinkColt11_20_10.jpg

grabbed a quick FTS too:

FTS11_20_10.jpg

Dweezil

You got some great shots Terry. (handheld or not) Even though the colt was munched on it looks very healthy so I bet it will do well. Love the scoly and still think those new zoas were a great addition!

Uslanja

Hi Terry! Your tank looks great! The shot through the glass of the green palys is very cool. They have filled in that spot real thick, thats nice!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Dave & Tracy! Yep - those palys will have to attach to the glass if they want to keep growing! I've had that happen with some zoas.

Uslanja

We have been trying to keep room between the rock and the glass but that just limits what we can put in the tank. They way yours are growing is very nice. Your glass is really clean, is it difficult to keep the glass clean around them?

jpsika08

A - M - A - Z - I - N - G !!!!!! WOW Terry that tank is spectacular! only wish I can accomplish that one day :thumbup:

crespeto

Man Terry, what a great looking tank, really amazing looking. Thanks so much for the pics. Those green zoa's certain look like they are going to start working up the glass, kind of cool that you can actually get to see the base really well through the glass.