Search results

1. DLR74

Cycling

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think 48 hours was long enough to keep the shrimp in there?
  2. DLR74

Cycling

Hello everyone! I have a question about cycling my new tank. First a little description of what I have going. Here we go it is a 2 gallon with a hob filter filled with ceramic rings and sponge with a small bag of carbon. Lighting is a AI nano Blue. I currently have 1.5 lb of dry rock that I...
  3. DLR74

Feeding help

Hello everyone, I have a rock with some Zoo's on it since I bought it has slowly shrunk. My question is what would be the best food to spot feed them? I currently use phyto feast and tried spot feeding each polyp some spectrum which was recommended from my local lfs. Any Help would be greatly...
  4. DLR74

Red Blaket Slime?

Well my Tank is about 15 months old I do water changes with Ro water but I admit I may be over feeding.Here is what I have in my tank 6 head trumpet,4 head hammer,3 small colonies of pulsing xenia,colonie of zoo's,Stylophora. 2 hermit crabs,1 gramma,1yellow watchmen gobie and numerous other...
  5. DLR74

Red Blaket Slime?

ok, thank you very much
  6. DLR74

Another Crab id needed!

Yup big claws with dark tips = Bad News!!
  7. DLR74

Red Blaket Slime?

Any ideas to what is covering my live rock it is dark red and kinda looks slimey and when i vacuum it out it looks like a blanket. Any ideas what it is and how to keep it out of my tank?:mad:
  8. DLR74

Help!!

i have a few corals and and around 20lbs of rock alot of hiding areas but the Gramma is swimmig right out of his little space and going right after him
  9. DLR74

Help!!

My Tank is a 24g aquapod so not a whole lot of room i think i will get me a diffrent fish one that is a little his size
  10. DLR74

ID please?

Can anyone id there 2 sps corals for me? http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv355/dlr74/Tank/DSCN0605.jpg http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv355/dlr74/Tank/DSCN0607.jpg
  11. DLR74

Help!!

Heres my prob i have a Royal Gramma the only fish i have had for months today i just went to Crazy Ricks and picked upa very small Yellow Goby and the Gramma s attcking him relentlessly. I have the Goby Quarantined in a tupperware with holes in the tank. What should i do get rid of one of the...
  12. DLR74

Ro unit Question

Thats what is was thinking thanks for the advice.
  13. DLR74

Ro unit Question

If i purchase a RO unit should i spend the extra cash on a 4 stage or stick to the 3 stage?
  14. DLR74

Stocking a 265 Gallon Reef Aquarium?

how about a bta or carpet for the clowns ofcourse after the tank is mature. Ofcourse you have to get a Tang maybe a Yellow Belly Regal Blue Tang. With that size tank you have alot of options.
  15. DLR74

Just looking 4 some advice

Ok i will get some mysis.. Currently there are six heads should i feed at night and how much?
  16. DLR74

Looking for a couple new corals

Thanks for the advice looks like a drive to Crazy Ricks is in my near future!!
  17. DLR74

Looking for a couple new corals

Hi everyone i am new to reefing about 11 months now i have a 24 g and currently have a hammer coral,trumpet and a xenia that has split. My question is what are some easier corals to add to my tank i have my eye on a pretty ric and zoos. Do zoos spread and overwhelm a tank to fast?
  18. DLR74

Looking for new Aquarium Setup! Please help!

With that price for sure piece it together i purchased a 24 gallon aquapod which i do like but after 1 year in the hobby i wish i built the system from scratch. You will be limited in alot of areas with an all in one sytem mostly by the lighting and the sub par filtration. Building with a decent...
  19. DLR74

just the factory bulbs which are 64 watt compacts.
  20. DLR74

I have a trumpet coral,Xenia and a hammer coral i m just wondering if anyone can recommend some supplements to help my corals grow. They are healthy but i really am not seeing any splitting with any of them since my trumpet split from 4 to 6 heads there is some change i noticed with the hammer...