Search results

1. shadowdude321

New Tank!!!

alright well here is the deal, my wife knows that my equipment and my tank isnt exactly in mint condition and doesnt have the greatest of equipment and knows i would never get myself new things because i dont like spending money, BUT...our first year anniversary is coming up and she decided that...
  2. shadowdude321

Saltwater Tank Restart? Good or Not Good?

This is a Sub-Forum to my previous Forum http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/sw-fish-only-tanks/61928-fowlr-trouble-please-help-all-my-fish-dying.html I think my tank has sometype of infection in it or it parasite or something that has been killing all the fish.:cry1: So what i...
  3. shadowdude321

Fowlr Trouble!!! Please Help!!! All My Fish Are Dying!!!

Ok, well as you can already tell i have a FOWLR Tank (Fish-Only-With-Live-Rock) and my problem is; all my fish have been dying!!! it is so depressing i just want to get rid of the tank but then i know i will never be able to afford to get a whole new setup again. These are the specs of my tank...
  4. shadowdude321

Help Quick!!!!

ok i have a blackbanded cat shark and he was perfect until today...he is now curling up in a ball...dragging his head like its 2 heavy for him to carry...keeps trying to swim but lays sideways and sometimes upside down(which is concerning me deaply) i thnk he is dying...is there ANYTHING i can...
  5. shadowdude321

Can you help me figure out what this is???

ok i have this thing in my tank and i have no clue on what it is or if its good or bad to have in my tank...its growing on the rock like a polyp (sap looking stuff that spreds across the rock) and has long soft weed things idk how else to describe it....its a pinky white color...ill post a pic...
  6. shadowdude321

which light should i get!!!! need help!!!!!

ok i have a 115 gallon tank (60 x 24 x 18) (L x H x W) and i have been tryin to upgrade my light....currently i have a PC 2 x 65watt fixture so obviously its not really much right....ok well i want to get one of these lights but i dont know which one would be ok to have and not be 2 much light...
  7. shadowdude321

lighting

ok i wanted to up my lighting...currently i have a PC 48" 54watt fixture and so i was looking online and my question is...is there any difference from a t5 light fixture made for saltwater aquariums and a light made for indoor plants??? cuz its cheaper to get one for indoor plants... like for...
  8. shadowdude321

clownie dont like anemone :(

ok well i have 2 ocellaris clown fish who are now mated so i was glad to see that but they started using my alveopora coral as a hosting anemone makeing it close up alot more often not showing its full potential therefore i went to the near by saltwater fish store and bought an anemone and put...
  9. shadowdude321

california ray not eating

ok i have a ray i just got and they told me to feed him squid...the first time i fed him he gobbled it right up in a matter of seconds.....an amazing experience......but now the second and third time he goes right for it in my hand and grabs it but trys to eat it and eventually just leaves it...
  10. shadowdude321

Can I put rocks from the beach into my saltwater fish tank???

My friend got some rocks and gave em to me and said they were from the newport tide pools of corona del mar and so i wanted to see how or if they would be safe to put into my tank....and also if there were any tests i could do on them before putting them in to make sure it wont harm anything????
  11. shadowdude321

Saltwater Fish Distributer

I am opening a saltwater fish shop. does anyone know where i can go to get the fish for my store, i've searched under fish distributer, fish supplier, ect. do you know where i can buy my fish for the store. I am looking for somewhere in the soCal area....LA..Orange County....Riverside...
  12. shadowdude321

I Need Help Finding A Dead Fish

ok i have a damsel in my tank that i was testing my water with and for the first few days it was fine but now its been about 5 days and i cant find this fish ANYWHERE. . . im figuring its dead but because i cant find it i cant take it out of the tank. . . is there anytype of shrimp, crab, ect...
  13. shadowdude321

Please Help!!!!

hi ok well obviously i need some help...i have a 90 gal saltwater tank and it was running PERFECT i mean it couldnt be more of a perfect tank. everything was stayin alive and i thought i was doing perfect. then stupid me, i went away for a few days and so i got a auto feeder for the fish while i...