clownie dont like anemone :(

ok well i have 2 ocellaris clown fish who are now mated so i was glad to see that but they started using my alveopora coral as a hosting anemone makeing it close up alot more often not showing its full potential therefore i went to the near by saltwater fish store and bought an anemone and put it in the same spot that the alveopora was hoping for the clownies to switch to that but they have still been using the alveopora which you could imagine is very frustraightning...now my question is....is there anyway of getting them to switch to the anemone

cbrownfish

What type of anemone is it? There are some species of anemone that clowns do not naturally pair up with. If the species is appropriate, then you need to be patient, first and foremost. One trick is to shine a small LED or light on the anemone at night. The clowns are often attracted to the light and it may kick start the relationship.

cbrownfish

LTA or BTA should be fine. Give it some time and try the light trick if you want to help facilitate the relationship. :)

ok here it is if you cant see it here is the link

CIMG3908 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Is that a condylactis anemone? That does not look a clown host anemone species, and you're not likely to have much luck with it. It certainly does not look like an LTA. Your best anemone to start with is a BTA, but all host anemone species are difficult

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Occs have a genetic predilection to magnificents above all other anemones. However, there is no invert harder to keep than a magnificent. They should be attempted only by experts

greene394

I agree with clownfish518, that does not look like a LTA to me either. I have one, I will post a pic of it. My tomato clowns took right up to it, however my percs would not have anything to do with it. They might have if the tomatos had not claimed it first!

Here is my pic.....hope it helps!
2009_0305Newfishpics0007.jpg

ok well i guess its a condy then but can condys' eat a fish??? im missing my newborn shark but the condy looks like its bulging out in the middle so im scared that it ate my shark

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Yes, condys will eat fish if they get too close. Don't know if that happened to you. I thought you already had clowns? Two species in one tank usually does not work out