which light should i get!!!! need help!!!!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
this is one of those places where you really need to research and spend the money. You'll get what you pay for.

There are several reasons why those lights are so much cheaper (notice I didn't say less expensive) than others.

I'm sure if you look around you'll find MUCH better alternatives.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can tell you one thing to look at there.. notice how on several of them they are really pushing the phrase LED in the title and description but the ONLY thing LED are the small MOONLIGHTS! Talk about "creative marketing". I call is BS!!

ok well what do you guys recomend me doing cuz i dont have a big budget so i mean even the 150 was like alot to me so i want my tank to thrive and be the best it can be but i dont want to claim bankruptcy on it either u know lol but you guys kno more than me so what should i do

lcstorc

I would go T5 all the way. If you are good at DIY it will be even more affordable but either way they give a lot of bang for the buck.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
yeah if you're good with DIY I'd go that route. Could really get creative AND save some money.. tha'ts a WIN-WIN in my books.

If you'd rather do a "Factory Fixture" I can PM you a link to this one

* 4 x 54 watt T5 Aquarium light (216W T5's)
* Individual Reflectors (MAJOR SWEET)
* 8 Adjustable Actinic Moon lights
* Legs
* MADE IN THE USA!
for $199.00

I honestly thought it was a TYPO and I inquired and it's correct. It's like a Promotional thing right now. SWEET!!

Jeremy0322

yeah if you're good with DIY I'd go that route. Could really get creative AND save some money.. tha'ts a WIN-WIN in my books.

If you'd rather do a "Factory Fixture" I can PM you a link to this one

* 4 x 54 watt T5 Aquarium light (216W T5's)
* Individual Reflectors (MAJOR SWEET)
* 8 Adjustable Actinic Moon lights
* Legs
* MADE IN THE USA!
for $199.00

I honestly thought it was a TYPO and I inquired and it's correct. It's like a Promotional thing right now. SWEET!!

Thats an awesome price, I think you should link everyone :lol:

IceCap Ballasts are on sale right now for anything thinking about getting one...
IceCap 660 Electronic Fluorescent Ballast

haha o ok well how would i go about DIY then cuz i would gladly do it myself but how would i go about doing it...remember im tryin to go the CHEAPEST route lol

plecosword

I think buying one might not be a bad idea, have you thought of buying a used one? you would probably have to replace all the lamps but it could be worth it.