Saltwater Fish Distributer

I am opening a saltwater fish shop. does anyone know where i can go to get the fish for my store, i've searched under fish distributer, fish supplier, ect. do you know where i can buy my fish for the store.

I am looking for somewhere in the soCal area....LA..Orange County....Riverside County...ect.

any ideas of what i can search under for it???

what would you look under if you were looking for it on ur side of the country

Jeremy0322

I have NOTHING around me in the way of LFS's. Its usually around an hour drive for anything resembling a decent store, and ordering online kills you because of shipping and handling.

Luukosian

I know a marine lfs woulnd't do good where I live but I suppose if it was good enough.......(only good one is about 1-1.5 hours away)

If I was you I would try and talk to another lfs owner and see what their experience has been and what wholesalers they have experience with. I know mine just switched because half of their fish would show up dead.

Varga

my LFS in WA state uses SEA DWELLING CREATURES INC.

I think you better talk to the previous owner of your store since you most likely need several suppliers and other retailers are not going to spill this kidna info to their competition.

If you go to 104th Street in LAX, you can literally go door to door. But you'll already need to have your ducks in a row.

i.e. Business License
Federal ID Number
Sales Tax License
A location (or at least a business plan)

myerst22

Shoot me a PM. Have many wholesaler, specialty purveyors, and some really great divers. If your in the LA area than I am sure you are aware of the big wholesalers. There are only about a hand full, but usually offering almost anything that is shipped to the states. T