Search results

1. F

Eheim 1262

My light fans are louder than my 1262! In fact the pump is barely audible.
  2. F

FS: ER nanno skimmer

My motto....Buy high, sell low!!! Sale pending.
  3. F

It was doing fine, haven't been using it for about 6 weeks as I have been slowly tearing down the RSM. I was never able to use it with out the sponge in, and microbubbles were only a problem if I didn't turn it off for an hour or more after feeding. The tank parameters were very stable , no...
  4. F

Magic Erasers

I just tried one on my grossly neglected planted tank, wish I had taken before and after shots. Amazing, I can now see into the tank again.
  5. F

Upsizing to a 75g. The Max has gotten too crowded. I plan on turning it into a FW planted tank.
  6. F

Taking down my tank. For sale: Euro Reef Nanno Skimmer for RSM 130 ( 2 pump version ). $65 + shipping.
  7. F

Feather duster-Peppermint shrimp.....

I will never forgive the Peppermint shrimp from He-- that decimated a beautiful Torch coral with in minutes.. then attacked an acan, I was lucky to get it out before PS did too much damage. I will say it did devour the 5-7 Aptasias that I had origionally put it in the tank to do. I now use...
  8. F

Freshwater RSM?

Thanks Terry, that is a beautiful tank. I'm not overly fond of reptiles, so the max will definately not become a home for one. I contacted StevieT and he sugggested using the media rack and making a box to hold bioballs from eggcrate. I like Tom's idea of using plastic screening, no gluing...
  9. F

Freshwater RSM?

Hmmmmm...that has me thinking, I should contact StevieT, bet he could whip up some kind of mod for it.
  10. F

Finally all is good!

+1 on the Dendros. -1 on the yellow polyps, pretty, but another fast grower that will quickly take over everything.
  11. F

Freshwater RSM?

Just wondering if anyone is using their RSM for freshwater? I'm in the processess of moving into a 75g and don't wan't to keep another SW tank going. Have any ideas on what to do about filtration as a FW?:dunno:
  12. F

how many fish do you keep?

It's too soon to tell if he will go for the inverts. They can be a difficult fish to keep, sort of like a Mandarin, but this one had been eating frozen mysis so i'm hopeful. If it would promise to eat peppermint shrimp I would gladly put one that's in another tank in for a meal, it's an LPS lover.
  13. F

Thanks Terry, and thanks for spelling it correctly!!
  14. F

I find it interesting the different combinations of fish we choose. As of today: 2 Percs, Fred and Ginger 1 PJ Cardinal, Spellman 1 Magenta Dottyback, Pinky 1 Priolopis Goby, Dash 1 Tangoroa Goby, Mr. T 1 Leapord Wrass, just arrived so no name
  15. F

RSM 130, 130D and 130C Mods

I recently bought a similar fixture on ebay for $65 new for a 20g tank. It's not the greatest craftsmanship, but I really like it. Doesn't have a brand name but looks very similar , has the same features. It came with SlimPac bulbs, but I don't plan on having any corals that need much light.
  16. F

Reefmack's RSM 130

Reefmack, my admiration for you just went up a notch! Being able to program the ReefKeeper to do all that. It took me 3 days to figure out how to set up the timers to do 2 dosing pumps trying to follow the non-instructions that come with it, didn't find the website anymore helpful. I haven't...
  17. F

Reefmack's RSM 130

So sorry about the loss of that beautiful fish Terry. Hope everyone else survived. I keep trying to convince my hubby that we need a whole house generator that comes on automatically in a power failure, but he argues that it would be cheaper to replace the fish and corals. Guess I'd better...
  18. F

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

Definately will be using a sump, so please do send the photos.
  19. F

Robbert, I just got the skimmer up and running with the new impellers. It's doing a great job with a lot less microbubbles. What volume of water can it handle? After the holidays I'm ditching the RSM and starting a 75g, just wondering if the skimmer could handle a 75g?
  20. F

Ditto from me Robbert. Sent payment this AM. I'm so excited to get the ER fired back up. Thanks.