RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

jbm109

I thought that too, bt then tried the pumps in the tank on thier own and one is not coming on at all, and the other just does the ten second thing...........going to be such a pain returning everything from the uk too, and pricey!!:cursin:

was so excited to get it all set up too

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Hi Jess,
IT may be a problem with the Hertz in your country(Jess is from England). Try one of the Max return pumps Jess. They are the same pumps, just swap over the parts. This is strange, as we have sold to hobbyists in other countries and they use adapters with no problems.
Please let me know how it goes Jess.

tnwillia

Just to be sure before you go thru returning it, submurge them in a bucket of water 1 at a time and see if they will run. You can do this without the airline cover on the pump to see if the impeller wheel is turning, just be careful to keep your hand away from that wheel. Also try blowing air into the airline tube while it's running to see if it starts producing bubbles, you could have an air blockage. It's easier to do this in a bucket than putting them in and out of the tank. I'm guessing here but it should help narrow down the problem if there is one. Good luck!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I have both of mine on an extension cord so I can can plug them in at the same time. I've never had a problem with both starting and staying on.

flynfish

I'm still patiently waiting and longing for Robbert to send me the new impellers...............................................!!!!!! I get so jealous when I see pictures like tnwillia's!

flynfish

redseareef, I've emailed him a couple of times, no response. Talked to him over a month ago when I had sent back 2 sets of old impellers. Would have called this week, but my phone hasn't been working, I'll do that tomorrow.

tnwillia

Here's a short update on the new material impellers. Pictures are after 1 week 24/7. There is no sign of breakdown at all. I pulled them out today because my bubble column seemed to be falling off. What I found was both impellers were starting to clog up. If you look you'll see this material has much smaller holes throughout it compared to the old material. I over feed, and as I do not use the foam blocks some of that finds it's way into my impellers. I see this as my problem and nothing to do with the impellers. I'll just be washing them out more often. Today once I rinsed them out bubble production was right back where it should be.

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

redseareef

RS Sponsor
flynfsh,
Did you pay for the new impellers yet? I have some here in stock and hate to see you have no skimmer running at the moment. I can ship them and robbert can reimburse me. Not sure whats going on here. He must have missed your email.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the update Tom. With a filter sock taking stuff out hopefully my impeller cleanup frequency will be a lot less.

I sent my Paypal payment to Robbert a couple days ago so mine should be showing up soon.

flynfish

Redseareef, no I haven't paid him yet, asked for his paypal info in my emails. You're probably right and he's missed them. I'll try him tomorrow and if I 'm not successful I'll order from you. Thank you for the help.
I've been using the stock skimmer for about 2 months now, and although it doesn't pull out any where near the amount of junk that the ER did, it's not putting out any microbubbles and I silenced it by placing the "muffler" from the ER on the air line.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
flynfish - if Robbert has your email address he'll send you an email notice via Paypal for payment when he's able to get to yours. That's how it worked for me.

nanoskim

Thanks for the update Tom. With a filter sock taking stuff out hopefully my impeller cleanup frequency will be a lot less.

I sent my Paypal payment to Robbert a couple days ago so mine should be showing up soon.

Hi Terry,

Your impellers were shipped today...sorry about the delay. I am having to spend a lot of time writing resumes to get a "real" job (so that I can keep building skimmers in my spare time) until this economy gets better????!!

I know there are a lot of hobbyists needing decent nano skimmers....just do not know where they are!

Robbert
ER Nano Systems

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Robbert and thanks! I got the shipping notice yesterday. Good luck on the job search, and we all hope this terrible economy, and your skimmer business, get better soon.

flynfish

Hi Robbert and thanks! I got the shipping notice yesterday. Good luck on the job search, and we all hope this terrible economy, and your skimmer business, get better soon.

Ditto from me Robbert. Sent payment this AM. I'm so excited to get the ER fired back up. Thanks.

pwrmac2

Well I just sold off the Tunze 9002 and placed an order for the EuroReef Skimmer last night.:whstlr: Can't wait to see it in action!

pwrmac2

pwrmac2 - what made you decide to leave the 9002 skimmer for the ER?

The Tunze just never really performed for me. It would take a week to get anything in the cup, and that was running it wet. I even bought another one because I thought the old one must have something wrong with it. Still the same thing. I've been fighting Red Slime for the last month so I know my tank is dirty even though I change water once a week. My fish are starving! So its time to try something new. From reading thru the thread it seems the EuroReef is the answer.