Search results

1. Sharkbait

Stands and Canopies For Sale

I have about 8 sets in many different sizes, just taking up room in my garage. I am very reasonable with pricing. PM me for more info. Thanks, Greg
  2. Sharkbait

Freshwater fish in saltwater tank?

I saw a Mollie in a huge saltwater tank, and it made me start thinking.I'm curious about acclimation of freshies to saltwater.I want to know what fish can be switched. I know mollies can, what else? Does anyone know the procedure?
  3. Sharkbait

Looks like a job for Sharkbait!

I picked up a new account that is going to require bi-weekly dives.The system is 15000 gal and is spread through 4 tanks.I am a certified diver and a saltwater maintenance tech. This is almost a whole new ball game, everything is super sized; skimmer,sump,filters,etc. I will post pics of dives...
  4. Sharkbait

Something to think about...

I found this last night: "To laugh often and much,to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children,to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave this world a bit better...
  5. Sharkbait

Frag it all

I'm starting a propagation project with my display and a nano tanks. I have hopes of spreading my corals to far away places.I have been fragging for my business for years but have left it alone on my home tank so far.Those days are over, its started and who knows where it'll end up. So far I've...
  6. Sharkbait

Opinions Wanted

Okay,I'm sick! I am going to set up one more tank,(3rd), and it's only because I didn't pay a dime for the set up. A longtime friend is moving and had to ditch a Elite 45 Gal half-cylinder tank. It was set up for his Sea horses, he was breeding them for LFS's.Horses are gone, but I got there...
  7. Sharkbait

Texas is getting (2) 2,000 gallons tanks.

Tomarrow I leave Phoenix for San Antonio to install the first aquarium, the tank is 20'x5'x4'.Weighs in @ 2850lbs, and is 2" thick.The second is the same dimensions and is headed to Houston area after I complete the first.I'm going to start taking pics tomarrow for you all, won't be able to...
  8. Sharkbait

Sharkbait wants a Retro Nano...

Thinking about starting a nano, not a cube but of my own design. A quarantine for my coral going into my large display is why I'm really interested.I am also considering going completely throw-back on this project. Yeah thats right, a Berlin airlift skimmer and maybe an undergravel plate, all...
  9. Sharkbait

Sharkbaits 210 acrylic dream

I guess I'm going to start documenting on my tank here.It's been up now for 6 almost 7 months and is my third set up now going larger everytime.I chose a 210 Custom Acrylic mostly due to the exotic shape. I work on tanks everyday so a rectangle just won't due.I describe it like an "L" with a...
  10. Sharkbait

camera suggestions

I would like to learn how to take REALLY nice pics of my tank. Need suggestions of what type of digital would be approriate.Maybe a tip or two to get me started, I would really appreiciate it.
  11. Sharkbait

1 piece of live rock that weighed 55 lbs!

My reef has been running for about 6 months after my last move. I've been wanting to add more live rock for this time.Its a 220 gal so I already had a lot of rock. I saw two extremely large rocks at my LFS sitting in a "not 4 sale" bin, asked about them and found it was premium cured and...
  12. Sharkbait

Cannonball!

There I've made my splash. I am sharkbait, hi, nice web community. A little about me, I've been in the hobby for 6 years. I run a aquarium service company in Phoenix, everything from 2000Gal commercial displays to 20gal Nanos. Reefs to Lobsters I've had the luck to play with, learn about, and...