Sharkbaits 210 acrylic dream

Sharkbait

I guess I'm going to start documenting on my tank here.It's been up now for 6 almost 7 months and is my third set up now going larger everytime.I chose a 210 Custom Acrylic mostly due to the exotic shape. I work on tanks everyday so a rectangle just won't due.I describe it like an "L" with a point instead of squared off.The Sump is a refugium 18x36x24 with a ASM skimmer and soon an addition of a remora pro skimmer.The system runs on 3 pumps;2 lil giants and an Iwaki, I had SPS in mind for this tank.A 1/3 hp chiller and a Knop calcium reactor with a Pinpoint pH monitor.Okay thats what underneath... On top we got 2 250W DE reef star MH pendents and 2 120W VHOs. I wanted a tank that would run for many years so all equipment was carefully selected and it took awhile to get all of these pieces together.The Stand is Oak and is also completely custom.Livestock fish wise is 12 altogether; 2 square anthias,2 skunk clowns,2 blue damsels,achilles tang,pac. blue tang,orchid dottyback,six line wrasse,black ocellaris clown,swissguard basslet.I'll post coral and invert species in a later post.Here's a somewhat blurry shot of my tank,need to learn more about photography.

Attachments

• P1010067 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    P1010067 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 525

KimPossible

Sharkbait! Good to see you Chronicled! I like different...ok, pc..non-standard...lol...
Your tank looks great! Can't wait to see your corals up close. And the photography thing...well, it might be the camera. I'll let you know what I find out while I'm on the hunt for a decent one. :) ( i hope i didn't just remember you say you got a new one!)

Sharkbait

Its a shallow sand bed,my DSB is in my refugium.And Kim its probably not the camera its the operator.I just got it a month ago, seems like it'll do the job well, I just have to learn it better.

Craig Manoukian

Awesome SB! I like what you've done with the aqua scaping! It is very close to what I had envisioned when you described it to Kim and I over a Sushi lunch.

Keep posting pics and letting us in on this good stuff!

Gina

RS STAFF
Nice! I like the shape of the tank. Mojoreef has an L-shaped tank also but, his corner comes out instead of in. If you understand what I mean. Very nice!

Sharkbait

Okay some close ups for you all.Craig lunch was great if I'm in Nevada I'll look you up.I getting ready to change the rockwork a little to better suit the lighting above.I also have a shippment of coral frags coming in on Friday,I am really excited to see.

Attachments

• P1010073 (Medium) (Small) (2).JPG
    P1010073 (Medium) (Small) (2).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 469
  • P1010076 (Medium).JPG
    P1010076 (Medium).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 468
  • P1010094 (Small).JPG
    P1010094 (Small).JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 470
  • P1010097 (Small).JPG
    P1010097 (Small).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 465
  • P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 460

Craig Manoukian

Very very nice! Reno/Tahoe is a great place to beat the summer Phoenix heat! Love that green cap and your frags look cherry! How big is the blue Linkia?

Sharkbait

The linkia is about 7-8 inches tip to tip,he's been with me for a long time.TAHOE???Craig do you ski or snowboard?I dream of Heavenly on a regular basis.

Sharkbait

I appreciate all the kind comments from experienced reefkeepers, it's very encouraging and makes you proud of what you built and developed.I love any type of colored montipora, I have a orange cap and one thats purple with green polyps.More photos later on today, if the glass is clean...

Sharkbait

Ok me and Woodstock are planning an "Black Diamond expedition" to the Tahoe mountians! Craig you like to guide? When its over 100 degrees here in AZ, its all I can think about.
The cap seems to have taken the cake, see if I can beat it tonight. The tank just got a h20 change last night. Pretest was 1.023ppt,pH 8.31,Alk 4dkh,no2 0.1ppm,no3 2.5ppm,nh3nh4 0.20ppm,ca 420ppm. Overall the system really seems to be kickin into drive right now, amazing growth/color showing in SPS species.Propagation and fragging all doing well, zoos already splitting again.

Sharkbait

Sweet! I have never been able to water ski,but I hear its fun to watch me try.On snow however, I have that covered diamond,double,or back country.I grew up in Colorado.