Search results

1. C

Tank got too hot?

When it started warming up here the other day i woke up and saw that my tank was 86 degrees and by the end of the day my sps started to die. Would the heat have caused them to die? Also the acros that are left have no polyps coming out. I used a laser thermometer on my magdrive pump and its...
  2. C

Dripping Kalkwasser

I've read that people add kalk to their ATO but since I don't have an ATO I was going with the drip method. My question is could I mix one strong gallon of kalk and let it drip over several days or does it have to be added at the same speed as evaporation? I was wondering if i could do it this...
  3. C

Acro ID please.

Picked this up yesterday but the person who sold it to me couldnt remember the name of it. And will it always have this brown color on it, or will it eventually change? What looks purple is a reflection of my light, that area looks brown in person.
  4. C

I have snails!

A lot of tiny snails just started showing up on my glass and im not sure what kind they are. I tried to get picture of them but it didnt turn out good. Are there any snails that arent reef safe? If there are ill look up a picture to compare mine too. Also the only snails i have put in my tank...
  5. C

What is this?

Not sure what this is or how to describe it and they only come out at night.
  6. C

Tri Color Acro?

I bought this frag from someone and its suppose to be a tri color acro. Will it eventually get more color?
  7. C

Tank cycled in 2 weeks?

I took some water to my LFS and I'm showing now ammonia or nitrite and low nitrates and its only been two weeks. The tank has about 30 gallons of water total and around 30 pounds of rock, 10 of those pounds are from a tank ive had setup for over 10 years.
  8. C

Dead cycling Shrimp got chopped up

I was working in my sump and the dead shrimp i was using to cycle with got sucked into the return pump and now its in a thousand little pieces. Will it still work for the cycle or should I add a new one?
  9. C

GE Silicone I question.

I bought GE Silicone I for putting walls in my sump because I read everywhere that this is what people use. After reading the label I see that it says not for aquarium use. Is it really not safe?
  10. C

AI Prime Tank mount bracket question.

Does anyone know the length of the top piece of the bracket that screws to the light? I want to make sure the bar that holds to light isnt too long before i buy it, need to make sure it wont hit my wall when i adjust it back.
  11. C

AI twentysix HD coverage?

what is the coverage of the A! twentysix hd?
  12. C

30" T5 bulbs?

I plan on getting a 20g long tank and i was wondering if there was a 30" T5 buld or if i would just have to use 24" bulbs.
  13. C

AquaIllumination Prime on 20g long?

Would one prime be enough for a 20 long or would it take two?
  14. C

Bulb and reflector options for T5

I have had 4 39 watt bulbs on my 38 gallon tank for years (2 10,000k 2 actinic) with tek2 reflectors. Is there a better option out there? And unless there are skinnier reflectors 4 bulbs is all i can fit.
  15. C

AI Hydra 26 or 52 for 38/65 gallon

I currently have a 38 gallon tank that i would like to add led's to, but i may upgrade to a 65 gallon. Would one 52 be enough or does that face these two tanks have a bar across the center mean i need two light? And if i do need two would two 26's be enoug?
  16. C

Will one AI sol be enough for a 26l tank?

I was thinking about getting this aquarium Reef Ready Aquarium Model 26L 36x10x16 - Rectangular Reef Ready Aquariums Would one ai sol be enough or would i have to buy 2? Also does anyone have one of these aquariums, and are they worth buying? Or would one ai sol be enough for a standard 38...
  17. C

What will live under my lighting?

I have a 38 gallon tank that has been set up for arround 6 or 7 years. it currently has 4 39 watt t5 bulbs, 2 10,000k and 2 actinic. all i have in my take right now is about 30 pounds of rock, a frag of zoas, blue tang, and maroon clown. I was wanting to know what all kinds of corals my lighting...
  18. C

GBTA Got smashed by rock

This morning i found my GBTA under a rock and now half of it is smashed and it is missing half of its tenticales. is there any chance it will live?
  19. C

Is adding live sand to established tank bad?

My 38 gallon tank has been going for about three years now with only 20 lbs of live sand. Today I decided to add another 20 pound bag before my water change. I checked my nitrates a few hours after the change and it went up to between 20 and 40. Is this because I added the sand?
  20. C

Coralline algae?

About a week ago i started to add some turbo calcium to my tank and a few hours ago i noticed a bright pink color on a shell. The pink is almost like a neon pink, is it coralline algae trying to grow?