Search results

1. J

New butterflies - need an experienced opinion

Hello Everyone..... I know I haven't been on here in what seems like forever, but I'm hoping that I can get some help. Two days ago, I recieved an Auriga & Saddleback Butterfly (via online store) So...they arrived looking great (no "spots" nicks or anything like that - they are 4in each...
  2. J

my xenia "broke"?!

Hey guys, 2 days ago I picked up a pulsing purple xenia from the lfs and everything had seemed to be fine..... I just got out of the shower and when I looked for it - it was gone! I immediately scoured the tank looking for it because the "base" is still attached to the top of the LR - but...
  3. J

My setup w/ pics

Hey guys, Well I managed to get this thing up and running 2 days ago. You are looking at a 10g with: Koralia #1 powerhead Current USA Satellite PC system 1x65 watt 10k / 460 actinic 15 lbs LR 10 lbs LS I seeded everything in here from my old 30g system that has been up for a...
  4. J

lighting the nano

I'm now looking for a PC system for my nano. On my previous systems I've had good luck with the Current Sattelite models. Here is one that I found for a 10g. It comes with a 1 x 40 watt 10,000k/460 actinic bulb. Keep in mind that it will be a soft coral only tank ( Zoa's - Xenia's -...
  5. J

flow for a nano??!!

Hello everyone. I'm getting ready to start a nano after Christmas. I've had a FOWLER up and running since last February and have had overall success. I understand the Nitogen cycle, parameter maintenence, etc and all the basics but I had a couple questions about equipment.......... The reason...
  6. J

gettting started

Hello everyone. I'm getting ready to start a nano after Christmas. I've had a FOWLER up and running since last February and have had overall success. I understand the Nitogen cycle, parameter maintenence, etc and all the basics but I had a couple questions about equipment.......... The reason...
  7. J

algae wont quit?!

Alright I haven't been on here for a while, let me get you updated........... I got a 30g with 20 lbs LR and 40lbs LS - 3 fish. It's been up and running for about 8 months now. The parameters have been ideal and haven't budged for about 3 months. The plan was to begin adding softies about 2...
  8. J

where do i start? ( repost )

Hey guys. I just noticed that my original thread was on the " meet & greet " page. I've now "double posted" it here so hopefully it recieves the proper attention. Anyways, I'm looking into upgrading my system. I have a 35g 20 lbs LR 40 lbs LS amm 0 Ni 0 I've been able to keep...
  9. J

where do i start?

Hi guys.I know these posts can become redundant but............... I have a 35G. It's been up and running for 4 months now. I have 40 lbs Live Sand - 20 lbs Live Rock. My paramters have been good for what is considered a "fowlr" system amm 0 NI 0 and and I've been able to keep the Nitrates...
  10. J

Hello. . . . .

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello from the new guy. I have some experience in saltwater but I know nothing about " reef keeping ". With that being said, you probably wont hear too much from me for a while. I want to learn about general reefkeeping then I'd like to try my hand at ( someday ) "...