Search results

1. forestal

Deep Sea Aquatics 190 tank/sump/plumbing for sale

Hi All, After much thought i am downsizing and getting out of the hobby - my equipment for sale is as follows: 190 Pro (60.5"L x 27.5"W x 27.5"H) with 3 drain/2 return holes from Deep Sea Aquatics Sump DSA 13" wide, 48 " long, 16 " tall covers for tank and sump plumbing kit comes with - used...
  2. forestal

Trying to learn macro

Hi all, thought I would post my attempts at macro I have a canon eos t3i - I take a lot of outdoor nature shots and classically use my zoom to take macros, but want to take better outdoor and aquarium shots. I got a macro lens f2.5 50mm to try out as I don't want to spend too much, but am...
  3. forestal

LED help and questions

Hi all, I have my 75 gallon (48" long) tank up for just about a year and under 120w LED by tao tronics x 2 (http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C2%AETT-AL01-White-Aquarium-Output-Ratio-/dp/B0058RXPOS/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1389800924&sr=1-2&keywords=taotronics+120w+led?) The...
  4. forestal

Cloudy water

Hi all, I have been dealing with an issue in the tank and have found no obvious cause or solution and am posting here for ideas. I am a returning reefer and had multiple tanks for 7 years and never had these issues: Tank is 5 months old: 75 gallon with 3 korallia pumps for water flow, 100#...
  5. forestal

Sand ecosystem

Hi all. One of the things I enjoyed previously with my reef setup was watching all the different types of worms/pods/stars that bloomed from my florida live rock. My tank now is setup for environmental reasons with real reef rock (fake) and dry rock. I added reef grunge, which may have...
  6. forestal

75 Gallon Reef

I am back in the saltwater after 5 years. Due to a lot of issues, I took down my 120 Reef, that had been up for 5 years. It was suffering little due to less water changes and less enjoyment on my part. I am looking to create a reef tank this time following the rules of KISS (keep it simple...
  7. forestal

Returning to Saltwater

Hello all. It has been 5 years now since I broke down my two 120 gallon reef tanks. I had found the balance of work/enjoyment was too high due to work and health issues. I have moved from CT to Vermont, have a much better job, less stress, and time to look at restarting. After much thought...
  8. forestal

Hello all

Hi everyone. It's been almost 2 years since posting anything. Due to life I took down and sold my 2 120 gallon tanks, and kept a 2.5 gallon fowlr with sunrise dottyback. I was at a point where the maintenance was becoming drudgery and no longer enjoying the tank which was up for 6.5 years...
  9. forestal

T5 question

Hi all, i got a deal on a t5 setup for 1/3 the cost and am anxious to set it up but it is not build for aquaria and i am unsure if the endcaps are water resistant. This makes me think i should put glass over the tank to limit splashing. Do you think this will limit the strength of the light...
  10. forestal

help with plumbing please

Hello all... I am coming into a 125 gallon tank and my desire (and i've been given official permission too) is to put in next to my 120 reef, but in a corner so the non viewable side of the 120 will be covering the left 24" of the 125. Lighting will be minimal and the tank will be a 6-8"...
  11. forestal

EuroReef RS80 Skimmer ?

Hi all... I got this skimmer as an auction win at MACNA last year and decided to try it out as my old was has been out of commision , for a while, and since i don't have much of a sand bed, don't want to go skimmer less i have it in the sump and its pulled out maybe a cup and a half of stuff...
  12. forestal

Biocube 14 Reef

Hi all, figured would pop this new tank up to start... after MACNA, all excited and wanted to start a little reef again. I had a 10 gallon with sand and live rock from main tank, seeded with IPSF worms/clams/pods and let the tank cook for a month, had PC's over it and water flow with a ph...
  13. forestal

calcium/alkalinity issues

Hello all. I am in a bit of a pickle with my tank and need some help. Please bear with the longwinded intro as it may be relevant :) My 120 gallon tank has been set up for 4 years and i have done weekly to monthly 40% water changes during that time. I use instant ocean salt, maintaining a...
  14. forestal

temp help

Hi all.. i now have a good setup i am happy with , all are doing well, got the digital aquatics timer mainly to prevent a heater from going too high, but now find my temperature is 74.6-79...this is with 2 300 watt heaters in the tank and a 150 in the sump all on...something is amiss...
  15. forestal

OT - new addition to the menagerie

Hey everyone, hope the week is good for y'all i came home from work yesterday to find my son and my wife "rescued" a baby bird that had fallen from its nest and been abandoned. It appears to be a ? gold finch (yellow on tail and goldish on chest). it has quite a few feathers and tries to...
  16. forestal

kudos to Seacrop

wanted to post positive feedback for SeaCrop. despite fedex dropping the ball and shipping a day late, all the frags came through in great shape. not only is everything healthy, but great frags once again...my live rock for the nano came with little hitchhiker zo's as well :thumbs: Mary has...
  17. forestal

New Nano eclipse 6

Hi all. wanted to share my new 6 gallon eclipse nano tank. It's been up only a short while. (water used from my reef, filter pads in the emperor were used for several weeks in my reef, as was rock, so after 3 days, no noticable nitrite/ammonia - ) Please feel free to offer criticism...
  18. forestal

new water change technique

Hi all...wanted to share my weekend water change from last week i was fiddling with my pumps that connect sump and tank, trying to max the flow through my manifold then went to bed, you guessed it i ended up with 30 gallons on the floor, luckily my fail safe method of having the pump only...
  19. forestal

please help with stocking

hello all... my system i am looking on stocking help with is the 120 cube (inline with a 100g sump and 150 back reef) heavily skimmed with 300# LR - more to come. the system has been up and running 6 months now, and i just put fish in (from my 60hex) i may put some xenia and mushrooms...
  20. forestal

please help

Hi all, i posted this on fragexchange too, just wanted as many opinions as i can get... after the disappointment of my 3 dead fish, the rest in the tank are doing fine. however, i am combatting a hair algae issue, and am generally unhappy and frustrated with the tank (my 60hex - 10 months...