New Nano eclipse 6

forestal

Hi all.

wanted to share my new 6 gallon eclipse nano tank. It's been up only a short while. (water used from my reef, filter pads in the emperor were used for several weeks in my reef, as was rock, so after 3 days, no noticable nitrite/ammonia - )

Please feel free to offer criticism (constructive or otherwise).
This is the third nano i have setup (i took the others down to consolidate my tanks, but then had to restart one, just love the look)
Plan on just a softie tank

I have the tank turned backwards, so my emperor 400 can fit as a hang on filter and gives great water flow.

Lighting currently is a 2 corallife 2x9 watt 50/50; 36watts total - thinking upgrade to a 2x24watt from nanocustom.com, but i don't think i need with softies.

8 pounds of live rock (fiji), very porous with good coralline, lots of tube worms.

bare bottom (my first) trying it out.

a couple of frags from my growout rack, xenia, some mushrooms, clavularia, tubipora and gorgonian. Small piece of halimeda and some chaeto are in the tank, along with 1 redlegged hermit, 1 bluelegged hermit, 3 trochus and 1 nerite snail.

I plan on no fish, just inverts, relatively low bioload with frequent trimming of coral (once it is up and running well)

auto top off with minimal amount of kalkwasser/ro

Plan weekly 75%water changes, waiting a month first to let it settle in fully.

Full Tank Shot:
setup3.jpg

Clavuria:
clavularia.jpg

Blue/Green shroom
greenshroom.jpg

Starting to split?
greenshroom3.jpg

Clavularia & Green Tubipora sp. (closing up for the night, will try for a better shot):
clavularia2.jpg

Small tube worm, tons of em and tiny too (chaeto in foreground for scale):
tubeworms.jpg

Gorgonian frag (note upper new branch in 1 week in tank):
gorg2.jpg

proud2bcanadian

Wow. That looks great!
Good job!

IMO that lighting should be just fine for that tank. Increasing it by 12watts won't make a substantial difference since it's only going to be a tank for softies.