Biocube 14 Reef

forestal

Hi all, figured would pop this new tank up to start...

after MACNA, all excited and wanted to start a little reef again.
I had a 10 gallon with sand and live rock from main tank, seeded with IPSF worms/clams/pods and let the tank cook for a month, had PC's over it and water flow with a ph and a small skimmer, then decided to go for it and got the 14 gallon Biocube, no light modifications, just the 2x24 watt 50/50

Not enough flow, I will probably add a PH in there but we'll see. Ultimately I want this to be a small softie reef with a toadstool leather, some, clove polyps and lots of sand critters.

I have one tube worm and 1 fish: sunrise dottyback in there (already better color in this tank compared to the LFS). Also several small trochus/cerith snails

I plan to get a few frags from friends for the next few months. Looking to put 1-2 more small fish in there, as feeding the fish will feed the inverts as well

biocube.jpg

dottyback.jpg

tubeworm.jpg

hmmm, pics look a bit garbled, maybe a lil too big, hope y'all don't mind, but you get the idea

forestal

decided to take out 2 of the rocks, to make more room, and put a few of my frags that arent as happy sitting on the bottom of my tank in here.
The orange and green (hard to tell) plating monti i stuck to the back wall for fun with purple epoxy from Boston Aqua Farms.
the galaxea frag started from IMAC 2006 as a single polyp , grew to cover the plug it is on, half died after getting knocked over in the sand, and is now about 12 polyps. I like the coral, but the sweepers are nasty, so I am trying it in here.
The hydnophora i found wedged between some rocks onthe rescape of my big reef, and will try it out here. The candy cane, i have several bigger pieces in my main reef, so figured try them out here.

galaxea.jpg

hydnophora.jpg

rescape.jpg

flricordia

Nice. With a DSB like that you should get a small pistol shrimp and goby. Yasha hasha pair would look nice.

Intranick

I think one of these will be my next tank. I would really like to have a small tank in my bedroom :) maybe the 24 gallon or whatever it is?

reefman420

my uncle just orderd the oceanic bio cube 08.It should be here in november.He dont know nothing about fish.he was gonna go fresh.I said with a set up like that u might as whell let me take care of it 4 ya.since he only lives three blocks away.and since he bought me almost all my coral and lend me the money two get my frag opperation going.I can supplie the live stock.