Search results

1. R

Lighting for my Tank

The power compacts would be alright but they arent ideal at all. They dont put out nearly the PAR(photosynthetic active radiation basically the usable light) that a similar t5 fixture would put out. Not only that but the bulbs arent as easy to find and are more expensive that t5's. Basically...
  2. R

Rock loaded with hitchhikers (lots of pics)

Tampa Bay Saltwater has GREAT rock but is becoming renouned for the mantis shrimps that you get with it. That can be a plus or minus depending on what your goals are.
  3. R

Sexing a Bluespot

I guess that is what I was getting at, I was wondering what one had to know to be able to keep two BSJF in one tank.
  4. R

The Bluespot Club

Im happy my BSJF made its den front and left center in my 180. Its got three HUGE piles of sand started, I layed down some crushed coral but it doenst look like hes using any. Anyways it seems to be happy so far. It ate voraciously at the LFS and nibbled a little at the morning feeding.
  5. R

Sexing a Bluespot

No its called sexing, I want to know how to differentiate between males and females. When I can tell the difference then I can possibly breed them. Im not a complete moron, lol. All I can think of now is the Colour Me Bad sond "I wanna sex you up"
  6. R

Sexing a Bluespot

How does one sex a Bluespot?
  7. R

The Bluespot Club

Woohoo! I have returned to this site(not that Im important) with my very first BSJF! Just got it acclimated and it dissapeared into the rocks, hopefully Ill see him more often than that!
  8. R

Review of Current Usa Powerbrite LED lights WITH a VIDEO! (also have questions)

I love love love the actinic version of these! they come in 460nm(deep blue) and make the corals pop unlike anything I have seen. The only downfall that I have seen are the powercords, the main unit has got a 6 foot cord(way to short) and the add on units jumpers are only about 6 or 8 inches...
  9. R

anyone near rochester ny?

I am PM me for some good info.
  10. R

Introducing....

Pablo and Artemesia. My new picasso's
  11. R

Chalice Care-First One

Hiya gang, Ill be picking up my first chalice at a frag swap tomorrow and Im looking for some info on its care. All I can come up with are some that say low placement. Any help or information would be great thanks all. OBTW The system has 2x250w and a 400w halides.
  12. R

Selling Everything

Im interested in both candy cane colonies pending price shipped to 14727
  13. R

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Doni you are doing a super job! With the fish and being patient with all of the requests and keeping everything straight. My hat is off to you chick.
  14. R

Beautiful planted tanks on youtube.

You could plant one of those tanks completely for what an acan colony or two would cost.
  15. R

90g RR Glass tank with stand and hood

Good luck with both tanks
  16. R

Doni have you tried to get into contact with any of the large online vendors about possibly becoming a provider for them? It would be a great way to promote the purchase of tank raised fishes.
  17. R

PEMs Freshwater Planted 65G build

Re: tranquilité renversante 65g planted Which direction are you going to do with the south american livestock? Childids or otherwise?
  18. R

Im going to play the devils advocate and same cull it. Why risk passing on bad genes? IMO its your RESPONSABILITY to cull. Sorry Im sure this isnt going to be a popular point of view.
  19. R

tank beautifying tips. planted tank...

Agree with PEMfish, also you should look into adding a few more plants. Low light stuff IE anubias look into adding some foreground stuff to give the tank some more depth.
  20. R

Reputation and Karma

How do I view others R and K? Also I recieved one back a while ago for a post I made. There was no comment how do I know if it was plus rep or bad rep? Thingamjig says I have 11pts, what does than mean. Sorry Im new to the whole +/- karma deal. Other site I use just has a thank you button.