Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

BarbMazz

......oh, and if I were you I wouldn't feel pressured! I think everyone realizes you have a life... a family, a job, RS, and these fish... so take your time and readjust things when necessary so you don't make yourself crazy over the whole thing. Everyone's waited this long so a few more days or weeks is really no big thing at all!

forddna

Hi there. Any chance you could post sample photos of each "grade" and type being offered? Thank you much!! Gorgeous clowns!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Normal Striped/misbars

Normal striped/misbars

200809271.jpg

200809272.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Grade A Picasso Clowns

Grade A Picasso Clowns - at least two stripes connect on at least one side.

2008092712.jpg

200809274.jpg

200809275.jpg

200809276.jpg

LSheldon

Yeah, I was actually wondering if I might be able to get a pair of grade As and a pair of snowcassos? I know I would probably have to wait longer for the snowcasso pair, and I don't mind paying two shipping charges or waiting all together, whichever you prefer...??

forddna

Doni, thank you so much for posting those photos! That explained very well. Will most Grade A and Grade B have thick black between the white bars? (I know there's a name for the black but I can't recall)

RyanG

Doni you are doing a super job! With the fish and being patient with all of the requests and keeping everything straight. My hat is off to you chick.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yeah, I was actually wondering if I might be able to get a pair of grade As and a pair of snowcassos? I know I would probably have to wait longer for the snowcasso pair, and I don't mind paying two shipping charges or waiting all together, whichever you prefer...??

That is your choice but if do purchase then your name drops off the list and will need to be added back to the bottom. This will keep it fair for everyone else that is patiently waiting.

this is my favorite...

I hope when the time comes, I can get two of them... :D :) :D

My Dear Marvin. You have good taste as that is my favorite too. Major wining & dining would need to precede the sell of that one :D

Doni, can you have 2 different types of clowns in the same tank... IE O clown and a SnowCasso? Will they fight?
Ocellaris and perculas will indeed get along if they are not both female. Even then (as was the case with my breeding pair), the female will show her authority over the male by bullying him at first. It is never 100% that the two will get along but the odds are good since mine are only 3 months old and have probably not morphed into females.

Doni, thank you so much for posting those photos! That explained very well. Will most Grade A and Grade B have thick black between the white bars? (I know there's a name for the black but I can't recall)

Yes. These babies will continue to develop their coloration. Some people call the perculas with a lot of black, onyx. The daddy had no black at all when I purchased him as a juvenile a year ago and he has colored up very well. I would guess that within 12 months, all of these will have the thick black "onyx" coloration that their parents are showing.

Doni you are doing a super job! With the fish and being patient with all of the requests and keeping everything straight. My hat is off to you chick.

Thank you Ryan! :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Culls?

I've been getting quite a few PM's about culls. My plan is to offer any culls for 50% off and to the people on the list first (in order).
At MOFIB, they said most deformaties are caused from poor water and I have made huge progress in that area. Since the water quality is much better now, I doubt I will be getting any more culls after the first few batches. If no one wants them at that price, then I will sell them to a LFS.

Jigsaw

Haha Doni I'm so excited to get mine! My one clownfish just died for reasons unknown and my other needs a lover haha :)