Search results

1. SunnyX

Updated Tank Shots!!

I know I am rarely here but I like to keep everyone here updated on my progress. You guys helped me out so much in the past I feel that i must show what I have accomplished with your aid. Full Tank Left Side Middle Side Right Side Deswali Tenius Pink Mille...
  2. SunnyX

WOW...Its been a looong time.....

Its been a long time since i posted here. Many things have changed. Some of you may remember I had a 120gl Reef. Well now I have a 225gl Custom Starphire tank. Heres somes specs and pics for you guys: 225gl Starphire(60Lx36Wx24H) Reef *Deltec AP851 *GEO Calcium Reactor *Sequence...
  3. SunnyX

switching to DE Bulbs, any opinions?

I am going to switch over from Single end bulb to DE. I have heard DE put out more PAR. I will be ordering two mounting brackets from hellolights.com to install them. I was told I need a UV shield, where would I get one? Plus what bulb you think would be good. Maybe 10K XM. What do you...
  4. SunnyX

Bleaching frag, Keep or dump?

Well I have an acro that is bleaching all of a sudden. The left side of the coral looks bad but the the other side looks good. What do i do? Clip the dead parts and keep the good? I had a Milli bleach completly before but it came back.
  5. SunnyX

Do I need more lighting?

I currently have -120 AGA (4x2x2) -2x250watt MH XM 20K's run on an electronic ballast -2x110watt VHO URi super actinic and actinic white also on an electronic balast. I just added a Calcium Reactor and am seeing more growth but i want more :). Would adding another 250watt MH make much...
  6. SunnyX

Building 180gl Reef for buddy.

Well my friend has fallen in love with my reef and wants one of his own. So I started getting things togther. here is what we have so far- -180gl AGA RR Dual overflows -Iwaki Water Pump WMD40RLXT -160lbs of Carib-Sea Reef sand -65gl drilled tank for sump I will be ordering Live rock...
  7. SunnyX

Anyone here switch from USHIO 10k to XM10k??

I was wondering if anyone here swithed for USHIO 10k to XM 10k. I am asking this because I currently have 250 watt XM 20k on my tank. I love them but I want something that will increase my growth. I tried to put my USHIO's back in today but it was too yellow and made everything look like...
  8. SunnyX

SunnyX's Reef

Well my reef is this: -120gl AGA (48x24x24) -2x110 watt VHO-URi Super Actinic and Actinic white -2x250 watt MH-XM 20K -Aqua C Remorea Pro Skimmer -160 lbs Fiji live rock -4-6 inch sand bed -Geo Calcium Reactor(Be here in a few days :) ) Fish and corals -Pacific Blue...
  9. SunnyX

Recent Shots

Moved some stuff around. Im really happy about how this reef is developing. Cant wait to get a calcium reactor!!!
  10. SunnyX

Titanium probe question

Ok so i added one of those probes that supposed to kill any stray voltage, but now I get a mild shock when I put my hand into the tank. Whats up with that?
  11. SunnyX

Adding a sump...need some help....

Ok, I am getting a sweet deal on a used Lifereef LF1-125 Berlin Sump with 24" Skimmer and a Dolphin Ampmaster 3000 pump . Only gonna pay $240 for it. My tank is not Reef-Ready. What overflow's and stuff do i need to get. Please List them. Thank you. :)
  12. SunnyX

Ecco calcium reactor ??

Any heard anything about Ecco calcium reactor's??
  13. SunnyX

Started a web site.

Well I started a web site today. here it is- https://home.comcast.net/~sunnyx/reef.htm Tell me what you think. I know its empty and not that nice but its only 1 day old. In time i will make it much better.
  14. SunnyX

Some growth shots

Monti
  15. SunnyX

I just have to ask: Whats so special about a Purple Monster?

I have been looking through some online vendors and found the "Purple Monster". I was amazed to see little frags going for $299 and they were always sold out. So what makes this coral so great? Rare? Coloration? please enlightin me. If anyone owns one please comment on yours.
  16. SunnyX

Krazy Glue??

Is Krazy Glue useable fro my reef? I wanted to glue some frags down onto some plugs. Is it toxic to my tank? I thought I heard somewhere before that you can use it in a reef.
  17. SunnyX

Anyone know where I can pick up some Frag Plugs?

Anyone Know where I can order some frag plugs? I have many frags and they all need plugs.
  18. SunnyX

Awesome 1,110 Gallon Tank!!!

I had to catch my breath when I seen this tank- Click here for site
  19. SunnyX

New Pics of my tank. :)

Middle shot-