Search results

1. Ntruder

Quick question about replacing TEK T5HO bulbs

Quote the stumper I guess...
  2. Ntruder

Quick question about replacing TEK T5HO bulbs

So I know you're supposed to replace your T5HO bulbs every year or so... Yeah well mine are probably 3 years old minimum. Needless to say, I've got a serious algae problem that has gotten progressively worse over the past year. I'm attributing it to the lights, and figure that's the first...
  3. Ntruder

TEK fixture acrylic shield flexing

I've got a 48" TEK fixture and the acrylic has been warped like that for years. That stuff is pretty durable, its not going to crack on its own.
  4. Ntruder

Titan and Undulated together!!!

They're probably joining forces to attack the biped with the camera
  5. Ntruder

10 reasons that I shouldn't get a Lionfish

Just go to YouTube and search for lionfish and feeding. There's probably enough there to scare her off.
  6. Ntruder

stocking advice: flame angel?

welcome to the internets. Do you like fish?
  7. Ntruder

Marine Ich - Myths and Facts

I don't understand. Why wouldn't you just take them out of the main tank and treat them all in smaller tanks, while waiting for the ich in the main tank to die?
  8. Ntruder

I guess I shouldn't say its unreasonable, but thats a pretty big deal to hospitalize an entire tank full of fish, especially considering how common this "ich" parasite seems to be.
  9. Ntruder

Since we're on stocking and bio-load issues, I have what might be a dumb question: How do animals like snails, cleaner shrimp, etc, affect the bio-load?
  10. Ntruder

Here's something I never understood about these treatment processes listed... Lets say you have some huge community with inverts and corals and a bunch of fish, and one of your fish comes down with ich or some other parasite. You obviously can't do any treatments in the main tank because of...
  11. Ntruder

My goldfish is the size of a golf ball (just his body) and he's a dirty pig. And both my tangs are babies. My two tangs combined have total volume of about 25% of my goldfish. The Regal is literally 1.5" nose to tail and as thick as a dime. They eat like 4 hunks of shrimp then they're done...
  12. Ntruder

Wow, you clearly misunderstood the intent of my response, as I was merely explaining my stocking scheme. :dunno: Ego? :bouncebox Ok, look, I'm sorry; I was just explaining my reasoning in my stocking scheme. I wasn't trying to be rude or dismissive. I do value your input, which is why I...
  13. Ntruder

Rules of thumb are overly vague and generalizedl. For example, just about every fish I have is about as thick as a penny, so obviously a 1" chromis is not going to create the same bio-load as a 1" puffer fish. I'd bet that ONE of my goldfish produces 10x the waste that both of my Tangs do. :)...
  14. Ntruder

I have a very peaceful community in my 75g FOWLR setup. I currently have: -5 blue/green chromis -2 ocellaris clowns -2 banggai cardinals -1 yellow tang -1 hippo tang All are very young, especially the tangs. Its very new, the full tank has been running for a little over a month...
  15. Ntruder

i have a problem and only a FEW HOURS to fix it!!

I wrestled 6 damsels out of my tank using a big net and a small net. I set up the big net to catch them, then used the small net to get into the little nooks and crannies and direct the fish into the big net. While trying to avoid the small net at all costs, they'll willingly walk right into...
  16. Ntruder

liveaquaria.com

I got some caribbean live rock from them. I ordered 40 pounds, but I have one piece that weighs at least 30. I'd bet there was about 60 pounds in there. I know somebody who got some of their Fiji premium. Its nice stuff.
  17. Ntruder

Crown of Thorns at LFS?!

I just saw that episode of Reef Killers. Very sad. Nice how fertilizer run into the ocean is causing all this.
  18. Ntruder

Curing some Caribbean live rock, strange nitrite test results

I've read that those ultra high ammonia levels (mine were off the charts) will kill stuff on the rock that normally wouldn't have died off. The curing instructions from liveaquaria also states to make twice weekly water changes on the rock. Anyhow, its not the test kit. I've performed...