Recent content by YumSaltWater

1. YumSaltWater

growing worm

i found a little worm in my tank that crawls around on the glass (at first i thought my cuttlefish lost a tentacle!) but it is definitely a little white worm with two little feeler things poking out of the head. Sorry no pictures he is a pretty tiny lil guy. any guesses?
  2. YumSaltWater

mantis Q

and your mantis would die.
  3. YumSaltWater

mantis Q

The only thing I would watch out for is that your tank is glass. I wanted a peacock for a long time but kept being advised against it because I have a glass tank. They say if your peacock gets mad or misses something it is trying to hit and connects with the glass that it can shatter your...
  4. YumSaltWater

Zoidberg the Cuttlefish!

Hey everybody! Its been a while since I have been here, my tank has been down and out but over the last month I have finally pieced it back together again! So here is the story! I set up my tank, a 24 gallon nano, with nothing specific in mind, a few corals a few fish blah blah something to...
  5. YumSaltWater

The MANTIS Shrimp Club!

So i want to keep a mantis in my 24 gallon nano.... But now im scared after reading some horror stories of keeping a mantis (I wanted to keep a peacock) in a glass aquarium..... I mean how likely is it that he will actually break the glass? Im so far only really interested in peacocks...
  6. YumSaltWater

what to do with a 24 gallon nano

how do you go about acclimating a mantis..... how do you get him into the tank without losing a finger?
  7. YumSaltWater

Oh my god! I want a mantis shrimp! I had no idea they were that big....or that cool!!!! Whats the story, reef safe? Could i keep more than one? Expensive? Those videos at http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/18907-mantis-shrimp-club.html were so...
  8. YumSaltWater

i like the idea of a lion fish! that could be fun. are they compatable with any corals at all or will they eat pretty much everything? Also I dont know anything about mantis's except that they have to pretty much be kept alone, are they reef safe? how big do they get? do they hide a lot...
  9. YumSaltWater

I need some ideas...... I switched my reef to a bigger 95 gallon tank but i still have my 24 set up and running. I dont want to just leave it as a quarintine or something, i wanna do something unique with it. Maybe one really cool fish that lives by itself, or an invert....i dunno i cant...
  10. YumSaltWater

controlling algae

Thanks everyone! Looks like its going to be an uphill battle but i think im ready for it. Cover me im going in.:wit:
  11. YumSaltWater

controlling algae

Thank you for some fantastic answers, steps that i have taken so far is adding more flow, removing problem rocks, scrubbing others (its so hard to get off) and turning rocks algae/aptasia side down. I did a big big water change and im keeping the lights off for a while. Ill also set my...
  12. YumSaltWater

controlling algae

I recently underwent a big algae problem, red, green, hairy, crusty i had it all. I took rocks out and scrubbed them and flipped them (not a big deal because i have all of two fish in the tank now) and i also did a big water change. I want to know how you guys keep your algae under control...
  13. YumSaltWater

help! big ole sump bubbles!

yup that was it the air hole was clogged. the level remains fairly conistent now with now big glug glug bubbles. There are still some micro bubbles but i will pick up a trap and see if that helps. Thank you!
  14. YumSaltWater

The overflow where the rising and falling takes place the sump underneath. Ive jiggled the bottom (grey) hose around and its gurgling less but there are still tons and tons of micro bubbles
  15. YumSaltWater

sorry i should have been more specific, the overflow water level rises and then falls. now im noticing that its putting tons of micro bubbles in my display. :(