Recent content by Ssullivan

1. Ssullivan

Mangrove refugium ideas

white mangroves like to be a lot dryer than reds or blacks but it will defiantly be cool. they need a lot of room though im planing on building a out door sump when i move so i can grow red mangroves
  2. Ssullivan

real sand or sand in a bag

you cant take sand from the beach in Florida no ifs ands or buts
  3. Ssullivan

Calcification

scrape some of the purple off the power head to seed the rest of the tank with it, once it starts to grow it will get to the point were you hate it though lol
  4. Ssullivan

Let me outta this bag!

dont let it get hot and keep it in the dark, make sure you tell the lfs that the fish is gonna be in the bag for a while and they should fill the bag up with extra O2. 24 hours isnt that long of a time in a bag, when they get shipped to the US they are in bags for at least 24 hours. hope that helps
  5. Ssullivan

Need help........cyanoooooo!

i would try bigger water changes and feed like every other day, and also try changing the filter sock every day instead of every 3 or 4 days because they can become nitrate factories i know that your water is testing zero on them but the cyano is eating all of the nitrates it can get to grow...
  6. Ssullivan

new to this, Just setting up, hope its not aiptasia!

it may be clove polyps
  7. Ssullivan

A guessing game for you!

the white threads may be a spaghetti worm, the other things may be hydroids
  8. Ssullivan

Live Rock in Freshwater

that reddish brown thing looks like aptaisa and ive never heard of only adding a few lbs of live rock at a time usually you add it all at once and let it cycle
  9. Ssullivan

Should I go with the 1500gph overflow or the 700gph overflow??

i would get the bigger overflow, but use a smaller pump, the extra size and other hole will add some redundancy to the over flow
  10. Ssullivan

Favorite Ca/Alk/Mg Supplementation Method?

my water comes out of a salt water well, the cal is around 800 a dkh of 17 and i dont remember the mag (i dont test for it) and i change my water when the cal drops to around 500
  11. Ssullivan

Very sick royal gramma

does he look puffy? like scales poofed out or anything?
  12. Ssullivan

Have'nt seen my sea star...

those live under the sand
  13. Ssullivan

Unidentified mushroom/algae bubble/coral polyp

1+ on getting it out
  14. Ssullivan

Anemone ID Help

it looks kinda bleached to me