A guessing game for you!

Robzilla

This is two-part

Last night I saw some slime/web looking material coming from my rock. It looked like it was actually coming from the rock and there are no spionid worms that I can see. I removed the web and within a minute or two it was back. Something is producing it so I don't think it is any kind of bacteria. What else produces a slime or web?

Also, I have some tiny white/clear polyp looking things sprouting up all over one rock. I can't get a picture because they are so small and clear. They are not aiptasia/mojanos but they are not any kind of fan worm or nem either. It is some kind of filter feeder polyp and I have no idea if it is friend or foe.

Sorry for the lack of pics....my phone is the only camera I have and it can't capture any of it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Robzilla

the white threads may be a spaghetti worm, the other things may be hydroids

Not a spaghetti worm. It is more of a mucous than anything else. As for the other, the desctiption fit, but no pictures match. It has the body shape of a zoa/polyp/fan worm and seems like more of a colony spread, but none of the pictures for hydroid colonies look anything like what I have. Thanks for the suggestions though! Got me thinking about other possibilities!

Robzilla

259389618_00365d47e5_o.jpg

Found the polyp. Its the white ones in the background.

Might be a hydroid species... a Polypoid Cnidarian for sure