Recent content by halo2rain

1. H

plumbing a tank ?'s

Hi guys what all do I need in order to soft plumb a tank I know about the ball valve but what else do I need after the hole is drilled? Its gonna be a 55g, and a 75g with 2 over flows in both back corners (I like symmetry)
  2. H

quarantine tank help

Ok someone if its been posted point me in the right direction but if not how do I set up a permanent qt tank that I can treat fish for and set up to get rid of pests itll be a 55g pointers threads or proper ways will help in my quest thank you in advance for the direction
  3. H

tank over time

Oh haha I will this afternoon when I get home I forgot to upload that one for some reason
  4. H

hob refugium

Did you have any problems with it and did you actively put pods in it or just let them do thier thing and how was the macro algae growth enough room to be of use or would you have had it bigger?
  5. H

worms??? maybe?? please help id 2 things

I looked at the site diana said and they look spot on to spinoid worms im glad im having a lucky tank so far lol aptasia was my worst hitchhiker so far and I just took the rock out the tank and let it dry in 90 degrees over 2 weeks lol killed them pests good haha of course im prolly one of the...
  6. H

t5ho vs. t12

the underside of the light fixture
  7. H

t5ho vs. t12

you guys know a lot i would have never known about the ballast differences in the t12 and t5ho ballasts. but what i guess i confused you about davek was my light fixture i have, it is an odyssea 4 bulb t5ho light fixture running at 54watts per bulb 2x actinics and 2x 10k sunlights. my apologies...
  8. H

lighting on and off times

is there any problem with my lights being on and off at different times of the day or is it better to leave them on and set them to stay on at a certain time of day my work schedule is weird and i like my slice of ocean so i like to see it lit up when i come home so my light on and off...
  9. H

hob refugium

any of yall seen heard of or used this AquaFuge2 External Hang-On Refugium with Light i saw it and kinda think its a good fit for me for the time being dealing i don't have my tank drilled and want a refugium to naturally lower my nitrates they aren't to high but still kinda up there at...
  10. H

worms??? maybe?? please help id 2 things

ok so this one i think is a feather duster worm of some sort im not so worried about it cause they sprout up and don't really move anywhere theyre just all over my tank is all i circled what im curious about on this picture and will do the same for the rest the following picture im gonna try...
  11. H

tank over time

ok well I finally got around to taking pictures of the tank it looks great to me but not to my phone and alas I don't have a regular camera I will probably be getting one either this paycheck or next paycheck we shall see anyways im going to post some pics of the tank they are all normal except...
  12. H

75g compatable fish that swims and is colorful

also what would be a good wrasse to get instead of the six line that wouldn't be aggressive that also eats bristle worms and pests like that that was the main reason i got the wrasse was to fight worms and pest hitchhikers
  13. H

yeah I told my wife that they get big she thought he was cute and works at petco so she kept seeing him there for like a month and a half and was like gotta have him so she bought him brought him home and was like look honey his name is pip lol. I liked him before she got him knew he would get...
  14. H

Ok so title says it id like to get a nice swimming fish that doesnt get to big is always out and swimming around and wont try to hide all the time and it has to be colorful my tank is a 75g my tank mates include picasso clown 6line wrasse diamond goby Longhorn cowfish (I have ben informed...
  15. H

neon dottyback, flame angel/blue hippo tang

So what would be a good colorful fish that doesnt grow to big but likes to swim and not hide?