hob refugium

halo2rain

any of yall seen heard of or used this
AquaFuge2 External Hang-On Refugium with Light
i saw it and kinda think its a good fit for me for the time being dealing i don't have my tank drilled and want a refugium to naturally lower my nitrates they aren't to high but still kinda up there at 20ppm and also so i can stabilize my ph its probably so wonky that the water is thinking if it could think man this light is nuts make up its mind to stay on or off lol input is needed i was gonna get the 19" medium sized one for my 75g

Danreef

I used that model for 1 year. FANTASTIC !!!!

I upgraded my tank and now I have a different refugium.

halo2rain

Did you have any problems with it and did you actively put pods in it or just let them do thier thing and how was the macro algae growth enough room to be of use or would you have had it bigger?

DaveK

I have previously owned one. I had a lot of problems with mine, to the point where I can't recommend them. Spend your money on a serious refugium that will do credit to your tank or build one as a DIY project.

I found the product to be of poor construction, with the glued seams coming apart in several places. The thin acrylic also deformed. This may have been part of the problem with the seams coming apart. The final straw was when the hanger seam broke and it fell off the tank, putting a crack in my sump. Luckily I was home at the time.

After that experience, my advice is avoid this product at all costs.

I should also point out that for most tanks these are far too small to really be effective. They just are not large enough.