75g compatable fish that swims and is colorful

halo2rain

Ok so title says it id like to get a nice swimming fish that doesnt get to big is always out and swimming around and wont try to hide all the time and it has to be colorful
my tank is a 75g
my tank mates include
picasso clown
6line wrasse
diamond goby
Longhorn cowfish (I have ben informed about them lol) he hasnt been eating any coral. Yet...

I do have various corals paly/zoas, mushrooms, pocillopora, mantipora

I love the hippo tang and the yellow tang hippo gets to big not to sure about yellow tang
but would like an active swimmer that is colorful and wont break the bank
thank you any suggestions will help

Steve L

Yellow tangs are great swimmers and slow growers, but will eventually out-grow your tank. I have one in a 75 gallon who's been there over a year and he hasn't grown much at all. If you get them really small I would guess it would take 4-5 years before it would outgrow your tank.

I have a flame angel that is also an active swimmer and gets along great with the tang and other tankmates. Royal Gramma basslets might be a good choice too. They're kind of small but swim a lot, are very colorful and get along with other fish. You may find that your 6 line wrasse ends up being the meanest fish in your tank.

Your cowfish probably won't be a problem with any of your corals, but the problem with them is that they get huge really fast. Full grown they're nearly 2 feet long, and will be too much for your tank to handle very soon.

halo2rain

yeah I told my wife that they get big she thought he was cute and works at petco so she kept seeing him there for like a month and a half and was like gotta have him so she bought him brought him home and was like look honey his name is pip lol. I liked him before she got him knew he would get that size and even told her but she got him anyways and they don't have a return policy on saltwater so I had to keep him. i had a flame angel till this morning rest in peace lil guy but the dottyback tore it up over night 2 days ago i captured it and hoped the flame angel would live but it died over night and now i am trading in my dottyback for another colorful fish that is very active but not aggressive so you think a yellow tang would be a good fit and wont be aggressive? how fast do they grow and what size should i get my wife has got two in her store but one is about 3in and the other is about 4in and ive never seen any ones smaller than that. do they even sell them smaller or is that about the right size that they get sold at? any info or other input would be great to have also.

halo2rain

also what would be a good wrasse to get instead of the six line that wouldn't be aggressive that also eats bristle worms and pests like that that was the main reason i got the wrasse was to fight worms and pest hitchhikers

Saltyhog

A Halochoerus wrasse would be a great additon to take the place of the six line. Check out H. biocellatus, chrysotaenia and iridis.

A flasher or fairy wrasse would also be great and would not be a problem with the Halochoerus.